I suggest you ...

Job Costing and Job Project Tracking

Have Job Cost or Project Cost or tracking function within Quickbooks Online.

5,152 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    infoinfo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  QuickBooks CareAdminQuickBooks Care (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Welcome to QuickBooks Projects! Projects help you organize all the pieces that make up a project, including transactions, time, and running reports so you always know how your project’s doing. This feature is currently only for QuickBooks Online Plus in Canada, UK, United States and Australia.

Please see this article for more information about projects:
    https://community.intuit.com/articles/1549960

This is just the beginning for Projects, and we’d love your feedback. You’ll see a feedback button in your project. Tell us how it’s going and what we can do to make Projects better.

728 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Luis VizcarrondoLuis Vizcarrondo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very happy that this is under review... I will be even happier when we are, at long Able to track all of our project costs, including payroll, in QBO. Would be helpful. Please consider this on the update

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a box towards the top of the invoice for job description. My client would use it for the job name or place. He sometimes works for a company that has multiple jobs and needs to specify at which job the service was preformed.

• ValerieValerie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will QBO have job costing feature and also progress invoicing?????
        I have a design build kitchen & bath company, these features where available on the desktop QB version. My bookkeeper had me switch to QBO so it was easier for us to work on out account. Without these two features available in the QBO version makes it very difficult and I am thinking about switching back to the desktop version which will be not as convenient as the QBO version but I will be able to complete job costing and progress invoicing without difficulty.
        PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE add these features to the QBO version ASAP!!!

For everyone who is looking for this, we may have a way to achieve it through an external app. The key question is whether the General Ledger report has an entry for each employee when you run payroll through QBO payroll -- can someone provide a quick answer?

• MarjiMarji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The unpaid/past due AP report for QB online needs to show class/jobs or at least be able to filter by class/jobs...needs ASAP!!!!

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While it is possible to make job costing work with the sub-customer concept, a full job costing module would be the way it should really be done and should definitely be part of Quickbooks Online.

• MariaMaria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When working on this feature please not that Estimates need to be formatted to have a Cost line and a Sell line so you have the ability to do and Estimate VS Actual at the end of a job. Just look at Quickbooks Desk top and make the same features available on Quickbooks on line.

I have a hard time understanding why the 2 versions are so very very different..

Thank you,

Maria

• ceoceo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QB to give us the schedule for the Job Costing Feature.Otherwise, as commented by few, the customers would seek alternative.

• OlibroOlibro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ever since July 25, 2012, when this request was first made, the Intuit team finally responded by changing the status to Under Review. Now THAT's being responsive to customer needs!

• Michael WeitznerMichael Weitzner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very happy that this is under review... I will be even happier when we are, at long last, able to track all of our project costs, including payroll, in QBO.

At present we spend a fair bit of time on manual calculations just to stay on top of our project-by-project performance; once this feature is enabled in QBO, we could have the information with a few keystrokes. I hope this will be sorted out ASAP!

• Wayne SchuetzWayne Schuetz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is anyone from QB listening to our posts re: job costing? I see all these posts from clients and nothing from QB. Am I blind?

• TWONGTWONG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was notified by QB tech that 2017 was the LAST version of MAC QB for Job costing... And that QB will no longer be making updates to MAC desktop version!

If the desktop version is no longer available (and not compatible with MAC updates) - CAN you PLEASE make Job costing available for online?

We already paid $300 for the desktop version PLUS the monthly online version... PLEASE GET THIS GOING!!!!!

• CKCK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should already be a standard freature, why so slow to respond? Let us create projects and attach expenses to those projects - so simple. A simple report could let us see what the total and breakdown cost of each project? Do you want me to come and code this for you?

It certainly is obvious that if you want to retain customers you need to get off the dime and enable job costing for QBO. I underwrite all the comments below. This has been years of input to Q/B about this need, and you have done nothing except pay lip service. Get GOING!!!

• vestavesta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just spent hundreds of dollars and untold hours trying to convert our 3-year-old QBO file to the desktop version JUST to get job costing of payroll hours (we are a service company, manufacturing, so this is the bulk of our expenses). The file wouldn't covert and using the desktop version was such a huge downgrade of user experience that we abandoned ship and went back to QBO. We are still desperately in need of job costing. This is ridiculous. All of the date collection needed is being done when we enter payroll hours; we just need to be able to report on it!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We need job costing in our business.

Thanks for your efforts.

Jim

• ScottScott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest that you add a section that would allow us to enter a unique job ticket number when creating a new invoice. If a duplicate job ticket number is entered then the system would alert us of a possible double billing situation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base