I suggest you ...

Job Costing and Job Project Tracking

Have Job Cost or Project Cost or tracking function within Quickbooks Online.

5,230 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    info shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQuickBooks Care (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Welcome to QuickBooks Projects! Projects help you organize all the pieces that make up a project, including transactions, time, and running reports so you always know how your project’s doing. This feature is currently only for QuickBooks Online Plus in Canada, UK, United States and Australia.

Please see this article for more information about projects:
    https://community.intuit.com/articles/1549960

This is just the beginning for Projects, and we’d love your feedback. You’ll see a feedback button in your project. Tell us how it’s going and what we can do to make Projects better.

733 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elaine Mostyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the comments below. I've just spent 2 months working with a client to get them up and running on QBO and tried to devise many workarounds. However, the lack of job costing means that we are giving up on it. I am now going to have to spend a significant amount of time moving the data onto QB desktop. There have been so many other reporting issues, and poor response times that the whole product fails to deliver. Your product has been available for 3 years, how come you are only now reviewing this functionality - I am afraid it is too late for me.

• Hany George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im using Quickbooks online and I need a way to divide payroll hourly totals across different jobs in payroll.

• James Sykes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Estimates please please please add the option to add the cost to me (mark up) so I can see how much I might make on a job. This then would not be seen by the client.

Basic function!

• Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having read most of these comments and the amount of unhappy customers myself included I would imagine if they do add this functionality to Qbo there will be a hefty monthly charge ? Let's hope they prove me wrong as Qbo is totally unsuitable for our small businesses.

• Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using QB for around 14 years and adapted it to work within our companies needs. JAN 2017 We required a 5th user lience for Qb2015 pro only to be told we could not purchase one. And then to be told our options would be Qbd 2017 at around £950 per year or QBO at £350 per year
        Today we moved over to QBO and after less than an hour we discovered this program is totally unsuitable for any Company that needs to
        - jod cost
        - offer item discounts
        - print delivery notes different to invoice address
        - easily Crate purchase orders
        and lods more
        What I can't understand is how 90% of small businesses can possibly use this programme to manage their accounts
        We will be cancelling our subscription and will find an alternative
        Very Very disappointed

• Jardine Monteil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is the QuickBooks feature that is on the desktop software; it's just not included for the online.

This would help out monthly reports immensely!!!

• Luis Vizcarrondo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very happy that this is under review... I will be even happier when we are, at long Able to track all of our project costs, including payroll, in QBO. Would be helpful. Please consider this on the update

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a box towards the top of the invoice for job description. My client would use it for the job name or place. He sometimes works for a company that has multiple jobs and needs to specify at which job the service was preformed.

• Valerie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will QBO have job costing feature and also progress invoicing?????
        I have a design build kitchen & bath company, these features where available on the desktop QB version. My bookkeeper had me switch to QBO so it was easier for us to work on out account. Without these two features available in the QBO version makes it very difficult and I am thinking about switching back to the desktop version which will be not as convenient as the QBO version but I will be able to complete job costing and progress invoicing without difficulty.
        PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE add these features to the QBO version ASAP!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For everyone who is looking for this, we may have a way to achieve it through an external app. The key question is whether the General Ledger report has an entry for each employee when you run payroll through QBO payroll -- can someone provide a quick answer?

• Marji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The unpaid/past due AP report for QB online needs to show class/jobs or at least be able to filter by class/jobs...needs ASAP!!!!

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While it is possible to make job costing work with the sub-customer concept, a full job costing module would be the way it should really be done and should definitely be part of Quickbooks Online.

• Maria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When working on this feature please not that Estimates need to be formatted to have a Cost line and a Sell line so you have the ability to do and Estimate VS Actual at the end of a job. Just look at Quickbooks Desk top and make the same features available on Quickbooks on line.

I have a hard time understanding why the 2 versions are so very very different..

Thank you,

Maria

• ceo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QB to give us the schedule for the Job Costing Feature.Otherwise, as commented by few, the customers would seek alternative.

• Olibro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ever since July 25, 2012, when this request was first made, the Intuit team finally responded by changing the status to Under Review. Now THAT's being responsive to customer needs!

• Michael Weitzner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very happy that this is under review... I will be even happier when we are, at long last, able to track all of our project costs, including payroll, in QBO.

At present we spend a fair bit of time on manual calculations just to stay on top of our project-by-project performance; once this feature is enabled in QBO, we could have the information with a few keystrokes. I hope this will be sorted out ASAP!

• Wayne Schuetz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is anyone from QB listening to our posts re: job costing? I see all these posts from clients and nothing from QB. Am I blind?

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Customer Center

Feedback and Knowledge Base