I suggest you ...

Job Costing and Job Project Tracking

Have Job Cost or Project Cost or tracking function within Quickbooks Online.

5,152 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    infoinfo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  QuickBooks CareAdminQuickBooks Care (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Welcome to QuickBooks Projects! Projects help you organize all the pieces that make up a project, including transactions, time, and running reports so you always know how your project’s doing. This feature is currently only for QuickBooks Online Plus in Canada, UK, United States and Australia.

Please see this article for more information about projects:
    https://community.intuit.com/articles/1549960

This is just the beginning for Projects, and we’d love your feedback. You’ll see a feedback button in your project. Tell us how it’s going and what we can do to make Projects better.

728 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Judith MedinaJudith Medina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add "Job Address" field under Client's details and be able to have the ability to distinguish "Billing address" from "Job address" in invoices and estimates.
        We are a roofing company and 90% of our clients have different billing and job address. I think this could be very helpful for roofing and landscaping companies.
        I would like to have the ability also to add the "job address" to the invoices and estimates.

• AndreyAndrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I been waiting for this feature for years. As soon as they have it available i'm signing up for QBO.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see project/job tracking so it can be associated with invoicing and expenses.

• andrew.b.may@hotmail.comandrew.b.may@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The system is not robust enough. I cannot do job costing and analytics of how much profit and expenses per job i am getting. I cant add labor to my jobs becuase the system doenst allow it. These statistics are very important to run any business and Quickbooks online just doesnt cut it. As soon as I find another affordable accounting software I will be leaving.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please QBO get on the full job costing!! This partial, sub-customer w/ no payroll costs included, nonsense has gone on too long

• Audra HarperAudra Harper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a great need for job numbers to be added. We have a few customers that we do a lot of work for and really need a place for a job #

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want to reinforce the need for job costing. One pitch of all of the cloud based systems is that enhancement can be made and rolled out much quicker. I hope that QBO adds this quickly (pun intended).

• dougdoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add Job Costing for Construction Users. Ability to estimate in Quickbooks and then see how the estimate compares to the actual job cost in a report.

• NobleNoble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No job costing on an estimate! I think the developers of this software are trying to destroy it. This is basic stuff. I cannot use an estimate if it does not estimate.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a QBO Pr0Adviser, I also would like to see these features added sooner rather than later.

• Willie LiebrandWillie Liebrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When converting from QuickBooks desktop to QBO, all VAT payments and bank reconciliation is lost. It is taking me months of effort to get all my historical information back.

• Willie LiebrandWillie Liebrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the first time I have seen QuickBooks acknowledge these posts, and without admitting that there is even a problem. I would never recommend QBO to anybody.

• Elaine MostynElaine Mostyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the comments below. I've just spent 2 months working with a client to get them up and running on QBO and tried to devise many workarounds. However, the lack of job costing means that we are giving up on it. I am now going to have to spend a significant amount of time moving the data onto QB desktop. There have been so many other reporting issues, and poor response times that the whole product fails to deliver. Your product has been available for 3 years, how come you are only now reviewing this functionality - I am afraid it is too late for me.

• Hany GeorgeHany George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im using Quickbooks online and I need a way to divide payroll hourly totals across different jobs in payroll.

• James SykesJames Sykes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Estimates please please please add the option to add the cost to me (mark up) so I can see how much I might make on a job. This then would not be seen by the client.

Basic function!

• GrahamGraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having read most of these comments and the amount of unhappy customers myself included I would imagine if they do add this functionality to Qbo there will be a hefty monthly charge ? Let's hope they prove me wrong as Qbo is totally unsuitable for our small businesses.

• GrahamGraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using QB for around 14 years and adapted it to work within our companies needs. JAN 2017 We required a 5th user lience for Qb2015 pro only to be told we could not purchase one. And then to be told our options would be Qbd 2017 at around £950 per year or QBO at £350 per year
        Today we moved over to QBO and after less than an hour we discovered this program is totally unsuitable for any Company that needs to
        - jod cost
        - offer item discounts
        - print delivery notes different to invoice address
        - easily Crate purchase orders
        and lods more
        What I can't understand is how 90% of small businesses can possibly use this programme to manage their accounts
        We will be cancelling our subscription and will find an alternative
        Very Very disappointed

• Jardine MonteilJardine Monteil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is the QuickBooks feature that is on the desktop software; it's just not included for the online.

This would help out monthly reports immensely!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base