I suggest you ...

Job Costing and Job Project Tracking

Have Job Cost or Project Cost or tracking function within Quickbooks Online.

5,230 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    info shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQuickBooks Care (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Welcome to QuickBooks Projects! Projects help you organize all the pieces that make up a project, including transactions, time, and running reports so you always know how your project’s doing. This feature is currently only for QuickBooks Online Plus in Canada, UK, United States and Australia.

Please see this article for more information about projects:
    https://community.intuit.com/articles/1549960

This is just the beginning for Projects, and we’d love your feedback. You’ll see a feedback button in your project. Tell us how it’s going and what we can do to make Projects better.

733 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a contractor we use QB contractor version for years. Now we switched to online and find that it does not do job costing. WTF!!

Please add it or we will be forced to switch.

Please please.... can you get Job costing sorted for QBO asap. We have changed over and this really doesn't work for our company without it....

Why attempt to market this accounting service to construction companies if the job costing isn't supported? Why? Are we all going to be ex-customers? We can't see if our businesses are failing!

• Andrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Intuit had Weave app in the iOS App Store. It was a great project costing tool. Why won't they integrate that into their software and use that for project costing integrated into QBO software.

This is a must for any business, materials/supplies you buy for a job are expenses, also is the time you pay to employees to do the job, any transaction linked to an specific job (including salary with all the taxes and costs associated to it) that add or subtract value to the job need to be show as part of a job cost report or P&L on the job. This feature is requested since July 2012, almost 5 years after is "under review" only, not even on development status, only one word: Frustrating, QB please help us to run our business better and easy, don't forget we fund your business.

• Judith Medina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add "Job Address" field under Client's details and be able to have the ability to distinguish "Billing address" from "Job address" in invoices and estimates.
        We are a roofing company and 90% of our clients have different billing and job address. I think this could be very helpful for roofing and landscaping companies.
        I would like to have the ability also to add the "job address" to the invoices and estimates.

• Andrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I been waiting for this feature for years. As soon as they have it available i'm signing up for QBO.

I would also like to see project/job tracking so it can be associated with invoicing and expenses.

• andrew.b.may@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The system is not robust enough. I cannot do job costing and analytics of how much profit and expenses per job i am getting. I cant add labor to my jobs becuase the system doenst allow it. These statistics are very important to run any business and Quickbooks online just doesnt cut it. As soon as I find another affordable accounting software I will be leaving.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please QBO get on the full job costing!! This partial, sub-customer w/ no payroll costs included, nonsense has gone on too long

• Audra Harper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a great need for job numbers to be added. We have a few customers that we do a lot of work for and really need a place for a job #

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want to reinforce the need for job costing. One pitch of all of the cloud based systems is that enhancement can be made and rolled out much quicker. I hope that QBO adds this quickly (pun intended).

• doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add Job Costing for Construction Users. Ability to estimate in Quickbooks and then see how the estimate compares to the actual job cost in a report.

• Noble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No job costing on an estimate! I think the developers of this software are trying to destroy it. This is basic stuff. I cannot use an estimate if it does not estimate.

As a QBO Pr0Adviser, I also would like to see these features added sooner rather than later.

• Willie Liebrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When converting from QuickBooks desktop to QBO, all VAT payments and bank reconciliation is lost. It is taking me months of effort to get all my historical information back.

• Willie Liebrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the first time I have seen QuickBooks acknowledge these posts, and without admitting that there is even a problem. I would never recommend QBO to anybody.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Customer Center

Feedback and Knowledge Base