I suggest you ...

Job Costing and Job Project Tracking

Have Job Cost or Project Cost or tracking function within Quickbooks Online.

5,230 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    info shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQuickBooks Care (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Welcome to QuickBooks Projects! Projects help you organize all the pieces that make up a project, including transactions, time, and running reports so you always know how your project’s doing. This feature is currently only for QuickBooks Online Plus in Canada, UK, United States and Australia.

Please see this article for more information about projects:
    https://community.intuit.com/articles/1549960

This is just the beginning for Projects, and we’d love your feedback. You’ll see a feedback button in your project. Tell us how it’s going and what we can do to make Projects better.

733 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Linda Swett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to select a Customer/Job by just typing the first few characters of the Job name instead of first having to enter the Customer name, then colon, then Job name. The same applies to selecting subaccounts in the COA. I make them unique on purpose to make them quicker to get to.

• Dave Ahlers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the software industry, and we track job costing by consultant hours. I want to be able to create a job in QBO (sub client is close - but has no job information such as PO #, job estimate, start date, end date, etc.). So thumbs up on this.

• dotcominfo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - Projects! I have had almost no real scenario where sub-customers make sense. I also am stuck using sub-customers for projects, which is kind of a lame work around.

Just support project related work in the same way Freshbooks does. That would be awesome.

• Kimberly G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to have your timesheet (hourly costs) transfer into job costs is the feature that costs me so much time - as the only way is to journal entry it AFTER you've manually calculate it!!! That is our most missed feature of QB on disc vs QB online! (Construction Industry)

• staceyaday commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not in construction but based on my research, my highest priority request falls within job costing. We need to be able to track our labor costs by "job." We do all of that tracking and put it into the timesheet, but the "job" (or really, sub-client) information is not used when creating P&L reports. But we don't "bill" time -- that seems to be the sole focus of the timesheet which is not the way that every business operates. This seems like such a basic feature.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree...although I'm sure there's thousands out there currently using the sub-client feature (like if they did contract work for both the parent company and it's subsidiaries), the only current workaround to create "projects" is through "sub-clients" like you mentioned.

Some offline versions of QB have this feature available and I think it should be added to the online version as there are many contractors and that have a low volume of clients but a high number of projects per client.

My clients request that I bill them per project so I have to use that workaround in the time being. It doesn't totally inhibit my billing process but could see it as being a good upgrade for project tracking

• Chad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work on many different projects for different clients. Currently the work around is to make sub-clients this doesn't make sense. I am filling in project names into the name field. When I send invoices by email it say Dear "Project Name". Seems silly what is sub-client anyway?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, the same data fields are used to enter Client and Project information even though the information that we need to track are unique to each. There needs to be a data field for entering Project info such as project numbers, contracted date, project address, etc and these fields need to be sortable and selectable on other reports and in the invoice module.

1 2 33 34 35 37 Next →

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Customer Center

Feedback and Knowledge Base