I suggest you ...

Job Costing and Job Project Tracking

Have Job Cost or Project Cost or tracking function within Quickbooks Online.

5,152 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    infoinfo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  QuickBooks CareAdminQuickBooks Care (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Welcome to QuickBooks Projects! Projects help you organize all the pieces that make up a project, including transactions, time, and running reports so you always know how your project’s doing. This feature is currently only for QuickBooks Online Plus in Canada, UK, United States and Australia.

Please see this article for more information about projects:
    https://community.intuit.com/articles/1549960

This is just the beginning for Projects, and we’d love your feedback. You’ll see a feedback button in your project. Tell us how it’s going and what we can do to make Projects better.

728 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • UsmanUsman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here Usman i am doing job in Construction company. I want to enter expense job wise or you can say Saperate villa wise is this possible in Quickbook?????

• Brooke MorrowBrooke Morrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are trying to perform job costing per customer and the payroll liabilities do not show up on the report? It says payroll expenses and even has wages, but nothing appears in the row/column.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add job costing to Quickbooks online. I love the functionality of Quickbooks online, but our industry requires job costing which are reviewed by the State to enable us to participate in state contracts. Job costing is what they review. Please include it!!

• Outweld IndustriesOutweld Industries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to add a job to an existing customer, not an invoice.I need to be able to track material, time, and anything else to a specific job number under existing customers. We often have multiple jobs open for our customers and this feature was included in qb desktop.

• David TDavid T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add job costing to Quickbooks Online. I was just told to switch to the desktop version if I want this feature. Intuit is making such a strong push to move everyone to the cloud. I don't understand why this feature is overlooked. Customers using the Online version are at a competitive disadvantage from their competitors because they have no idea how accurate their estimates are without using additional software. Bookkeeping software should not limit a company's ability to manage their finances. It's unfortunate that Intuit is allowing this huge oversight to continue for so long. We're currently looking into at other bookkeeping platforms.

• Ralph HowarthRalph Howarth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For clarity, Job Costing is not the same as Project Tracking. Why? Because a project can span multiple customers. We have "customers" who are clusters of six per building, with sixteen buildings. The criteria for project management for us is to be able to assign a project to multiple customers.

• Norman WendlNorman Wendl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are many high quality project based apps that integrate nicely with QuickBooks Online. For example, residential or commercial contractors should review BuilderTrend and Corecon. Contractors that do service work should checkout Jobber.

Below is the link to Intuit's App Marketplace for these types of solutions.

https://apps.intuit.com/category/project-based-business?locale=en-AU

The lacking of such functionality keeps me away from subscribing to QBO service. I'm ready to leave behind currently used FreeAgent accounting solution and embrace QBO.

• Debora NorcrossDebora Norcross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please work on the payroll classes issue. Even if entered in weekly timesheets to class, it still doesn't report accurately. I have to use Excel spreadsheets each week to correctly know where each job is on payroll costs. TERRIBLE!

• Chris MartinChris Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Project Numbers and costing for an accounting program that claims to be as robust as QB Online seems to be a huge disadvantage in the program. For a marketing agency like ours, we have several clients under which we have multiple projects for each. The workarounds you suggest in your help section are confusing and don”t match the listing in the sections. What do you suggest we do to solve this problem? WE have only been using QB for a year but are seriously considering moving to another online program that has this individual job costing option. I like the overall software but if we cannot find a simple workaround, we will be discontinuing our subscription. Please advise.

As a contractor we use QB contractor version for years. Now we switched to online and find that it does not do job costing. WTF!!

Please add it or we will be forced to switch.

Please please.... can you get Job costing sorted for QBO asap. We have changed over and this really doesn't work for our company without it....

Why attempt to market this accounting service to construction companies if the job costing isn't supported? Why? Are we all going to be ex-customers? We can't see if our businesses are failing!

• AndreyAndrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Intuit had Weave app in the iOS App Store. It was a great project costing tool. Why won't they integrate that into their software and use that for project costing integrated into QBO software.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must for any business, materials/supplies you buy for a job are expenses, also is the time you pay to employees to do the job, any transaction linked to an specific job (including salary with all the taxes and costs associated to it) that add or subtract value to the job need to be show as part of a job cost report or P&L on the job. This feature is requested since July 2012, almost 5 years after is "under review" only, not even on development status, only one word: Frustrating, QB please help us to run our business better and easy, don't forget we fund your business.

Feedback and Knowledge Base