I suggest you ...

Job Costing and Job Project Tracking

Have Job Cost or Project Cost or tracking function within Quickbooks Online.

5,080 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    infoinfo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

713 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marcel PetitpasMarcel Petitpas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We built an internal tool at my web development agency that connects to Quickbooks to do this (track project costs (employee time, contractors, overhead, expenses etc.)

We just started testing it with other agencies. I’m happy to show you how it works, just email me at marpetitpas@gmail.com and we'll jump on a call.

• GeorgeprGeorgepr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes but where is the schedule of work, what is being worked on, etc.. in a way that is easy and clear to see.

This forum only shows you think it was a great idea in February, what does that exactly mean in terms of status?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

JOB COSTING PLEASE!

I just finished entering all my opening balances, set up customers and suppliers, modified chart of accounts, linked banked accounts, set up payroll...
        Only to find there is NO JOB COSTING!
        I see the work around offered but I can't see how it helps.
        I need to run Profit & Loss by Job
        (by profit centre would do too)

Is there another way?
        How do I allocate sales, expenses and payroll to different jobs/profit centres?

Is it back to MYOB for me???
        I sincerely hope not :( :( :( :( :(

• roy shiritroy shirit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi There,
        I thought of a suggestion-
        It will be nice to have the option to categorize an expanse also by project name or address or client, meaning that if i have a charge on my credit card, at the moment i can categorize it by "payee" and "category" so i thought to ad the option to categorize it also by project name, that way in the end of a job i can know exactly what were my expanses to materials and subcontractors...

• BridgetBridget commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Companies must use Job #s to identify different jobs from one customer. Your desktop versions allows for this, when will we see this option online?

• Bill Doyle Jr.Bill Doyle Jr. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just started using QB for my new business and I would be very helpful to have job costing available. This feature is very important to separate out the various jobs that I am woking on at the same time and for showing profit and losses per job and against budgeted amounts. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a new client we were forced to use class tracking in order to do any kind of job cost tracking.

This must be made a priority in Quickbooks online.

• Melinda ZavorotnyMelinda Zavorotny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be wonderful to be able to do job costing using payroll. I also have some jobs that are now asking for Certified payroll. It is going to be a big hassel to get that done. I really like the way we did payroll in the Quickbooks Desktop version. Hopefully you will be able to bring that over to the online version soon.

Hoping there is a way soon.

• CKCK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really can't believe how sllllooooowwww Quickbooks Online is at rolling out new features - look at how ancient some of these requests are - come on guys, get it together.

• NicoleNicole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From the response from February 6, 2017 from Admin, that is such a general response. We need Quickbooks to take action on these suggestions from users that are in the system daily, such as myself. Technology improves daily. There really shouldn't be this long of a delay for improvement/changes to the system if there are over 4,000 votes and suggestions regarding the same subject (job costing and project tracking). Please take action Quickbooks!

• DanielDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is there still no Job Costing........This is a must for many non-profits.

• Willie LiebrandWillie Liebrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QBO Admin.
        Considering that this post was started five years ago, Job Costing is very low on your priority list and we can assume it is never going to happen.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36

Feedback and Knowledge Base