I suggest you ...

Job Costing and Job Project Tracking

Have Job Cost or Project Cost or tracking function within Quickbooks Online.

5,227 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    info shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQuickBooks Care (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Welcome to QuickBooks Projects! Projects help you organize all the pieces that make up a project, including transactions, time, and running reports so you always know how your project’s doing. This feature is currently only for QuickBooks Online Plus in Canada, UK, United States and Australia.

Please see this article for more information about projects:
    https://community.intuit.com/articles/1549960

This is just the beginning for Projects, and we’d love your feedback. You’ll see a feedback button in your project. Tell us how it’s going and what we can do to make Projects better.

733 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nadia Cranganu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is there no option to turn Projects option OFF?
        I turned it on to try it, didn't like it, and can't turn it off now!

• DENISE NIEVES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need job costing to work like in QBDT, by customer, including job estimates, budgets & profitability reports

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to change the labour hours in Projects. Right now it calulates the labour with profit in it. I need it to know the costs associated with the project. The way that it is set up now I have to recalculate my labour hours to find out my actual costs on the project.

• William Alverson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have added Projects but when reviewing bank transactions there is no way to assign the transaction (ie expense) to a project!!!

• connie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need a report for:
        Expenses / purchases by Customer. It will help with Job Costing and with invoicing. Not all expenses are billable.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature as soon as possible. I just switched to Online from Pemier and it's going to be very dificult to invoice my clients and find good information regarding job costing. I have been in the report center for hours and yet to find a way to find good information to give my clients. Please help!!!!!!

• bryce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company uses a seperate proposal platform to determine invoicing. We also use it to break down P/L or gross margins on particular jobs. It would be great to add this functionality to Quickbooks. Most of the time our clients do not see the break down of each item cost of what makes up the final product so being able to generate a "front page" and send that as an estimate and an invoice would be ideal. And then allowing us to work through a more detailed system for each line item/product/service/cost associated with a job and tracking the actuals and salary employ hours to generate job by job gross margins.

• Vlad N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need Job Costing... It is absurd that online version doesn't have that. Currently looking for other options out there. Does QB value its costumers? How hard can that be?

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Job costing is very important to us. We need to be able to see what a job costs by not just the expenses for materials for that job but also how much time is spent on each particular job. The information is all there it just needs to be one cohesive report. Mileage would be nice too but is not a necessity.

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After massive feedback feature requests (5000+ votes and 700+ comments), why are we getting this shitty job costing in QuickBooks Online? Remember we're already paying $600 every year for this incomplete product. Stop introducing embarrassing features like this one. Intuit can do a whole lot better than this. Just saying!!!

Just a reminder to all QBO users, there is still no payroll in job costing in QBO.

• Ralph Howarth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Herb and colleagues,

QuickBooks Labs is in the QBO settings upon clicking the major Gear in the upper right corner and going down the left most Settings menu. Turn On the Track Your Projects lab and you will have a beta version of Project Tracking with Job Costing premade reports. IDK about Payroll integration yet; which has been the missing link.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m35QgemO7Hk

https://qbo.intuit.com/app/plugins/qbolabs_settings?accessPoint=_apSettingsSettingsList

• herb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ralph, what is a QBO "lab" and where do I find out about a Job Tracking Lab? Thanks (I searched, but nothing came up).

• Ralph Howarth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I don't understand is that on July 23rd, QBO pushed out a Job Tracking lab to the US market and there is no mention of it here as users continue asking a month later.

• Willie Liebrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand the constant 'begging'. This thread started a number of years back and QuickBooks has never acknowledged or responded to any comments. I suggest that they don't even read this forum.

• Christine Thom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider job and payroll costing in the very near future. I have several clients that I absolutely want to get onto QBO but are stuck on desktop because of the payroll costing piece. They want to move to the cloud and streamline but are limited to manual processes without the integration of some apps that QBO has. With these clients still on desktop it is taking me way longer than it could and causing myself along with my clients more costs. I love QBO and deeply hope job costing gets put on you radar to at least review very soon!!

• Trudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add job costing including payroll tracking, we need to assign payroll costs to our customers and classes based on how many hours each employee worked for each customer.

Our employees visit multiple job sites and we bill out their time. All their hours are entered into QB as time activities to be billed for each specific Customer and Class. But then when the paycheque is created, none of the wages and associated payroll costs are assigned/allocated to those various customers and classes.

In the meantime, the only way for me to associate wage/payroll expenses to specific customers is to manually calculate and total the cost at each employee's pay rate and then do a general journal entry. What a pain!

• Robbin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QBO absolutely needs job costing. Think of all the customer loss you will suffer if QBO does not update to include job costing. This is absolutely insane. We are seriously having to reconsider jumping ship as well. Job costing in today's world is an absolute necessity! Please update. There is nothing worse, then setting up an entire accounting system, using class codes, using job names, and then running report to find that it is does NOT flow to necessary reports. Not to mention the lack of job costing reports that do not even exist in QBO. Please please update this feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Customer Center

Feedback and Knowledge Base