I suggest you ...

Customer "type"

Dear Sir or Madam,

Why is the "customer type" feature missing in Quickbooks Online? It is such a basic feature that I'm shocked to hear that you forgot to include it in the Online version! I'm considering cancelling my subscription. The ability to categorize customers is so basic, and with your "location" and "class" function it just cannot be done. As your support staff explained to me, these features only allow to categorize transactions, not customers. But I need to run reports for certain customer groups, and I certainly do not want with hassle of selecting a "location" or "class" on every single invoice we issue. That's just nuts.

I hope you have this in your development pipeline and will be able to release it soon.

Sincerely
Martin Heimann
Orange Translations Ltd.

249 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

69 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kate Sperry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ANY WORD FROM QBO STAFF ON THE ADDITION OF CUSTOMER TYPES? THIS IS A MUST HAVE FEATURE. PLEASE QBO PLEASE ADD BACK SOME THE OF THE FEATURES YOU ALREADY HAVE ON DESKTOP

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will keep me from using qbo. This, along with not having custom fields.

• DebMarshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a new user to QB Online, having used other offline versions, and this oversight of basic accounting needs surprises the heck out of me. I probably would NOT have chosen QBonline had I known (and a few other glaring oversights in the online version!)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 'customer type" is a huge issue!! This needs to be added ASAP! I have to balance certain Customers expenses to a GL. I now have no way to do that! This is a major problem for me.

• javier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is there an app that can supplement the fact that QBO designers failed to recognize the importance of having customer types?

• Charlotte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. I use customer type to identify groups of customers to whom I may need to send a specific email. Without this I am stuck. A big limitation.

• brianrose91@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have several types of clients and it would be good if I could sort and report them by type. I was able to do this in the desktop version and it was very helpful. Specifically I have subscription clients and it was nice to be able to see where I was with A/R on these clients in a glance.

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely need customer type. This is a showstopper for me. We use customer type to delineate how a customer found us ... helps us with our marketing. We run monthly reports to show where our work comes from. Not only that, it helps me determine what our marketer is paid on and what they are not. Without that I'm sunk. Please let us know when this will be available in Online.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add ability to assign Customer Type to customer card during set up. This is especially frustrating for those transferring from QB desktop as we seem to be losing all this data. Being able to report by customer type is really important....

← Previous 1 3 4

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Customer Center

Feedback and Knowledge Base