Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • LZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need work orders to be generated from approved estimates without showing the price. Also an option for the contractor to edit the work order and add such things as work preformed, checklists and signatures from customers

There are free apps that offer this kind of thing why not QB

• Becky Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We run an aviation maintenance and repair shop. We need to generate work orders from the approved estimates that does not include the pricing.

• PeterL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In many small businesses, the basic workflow is Estimate: Job Sheet : Invoice. Currently, there is no way to create a Job Sheet / Works Order, why not?

• Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if we were able to create a work order. As we create estimates for customers and the work is not done right away. I would like to be able to create a work order and it not include the price.

• Graeme Friesen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Work orders are essential for our business. It would be nice to see an easy way to have this workflow: Estimate (customer) > Work Order (technician) > PO (vendor) > Invoice (customer).
        For the Work Order, it would be nice to have statuses like "Open", "Pending", and "Approved".

• Tana Judson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Printing work orders, and customizing them to print with no prices is essential for service based companies to give to crew members. This could easily be solved by allowing the "packing slip" to be printed from the approved estimate - before having to be invoiced!

• Jeff Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi folks,
        It would be very helpful to create Work Orders from Estimates. Export function or Save As feature.

• Tammy Bradburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to print work orders from estimates. Currently, we have to duplicate the estimate then delete the pricing to give to the crew for each job. The only other option is to invoice the job before it is complete and print a packing slip. Neither of these options are ideal.

• Marshall Badeaux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have a print view of estimates that didn't show the price. A "Work Order" preview if you will. Very similar to you "packaging slip" view, but without the problematic issue of creating an invoice for a project prior to intended billing date.

• Jennifer Kea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide a "work order" form option. As with the "estimate" form, a work order could easily be converted into an invoice once all purchasing was completed.

• Jason Volke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use to use QB Pro and changed the estimate template to a work order. We can than enter our customer information on the work order and fill out in the field. Then we just click on create Invoice and the information is ready for us.

• deltamapping@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Work Order Forms.

I need to be able to give my field crew an order form that tells them what services they have to perform on different properties, along with any additional information they need. I would also like the option to remove the rates and totals for the job from the work order form, as that would enable me to use the space that the account summaries was on for more custom fields (with more room to type in, please!) where I can put that additional information and keep the work order form neat.

I guess this could be accomplished with an extra template, or maybe the option to remove account summaries from the Invoice template and add more custom fields? Or how about a completely custom form that you can add whatever fields you want? Just my two cents. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current work around is customizing customer contact list report. Would like Work Order feature. There's no work order feature in QBO.Thanks

• Phillip Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A feature that I would really like would be the ability to turn an estimate into a work order. We can turn estimates into invoices, but For my purpose it would simply print an estimate without the total price showing. For subcontractor use.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base