I suggest you ...

customize statements

customize statements same as invoices/sales receipts/estimates...statements look terrible and outdated.

380 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fees are shown as discounts, Why can't I change the description? confusing layout, All I would be doing by sending these out would aggravate clients.
        A simple column showing an invoice as paid, or unpaid, with date billed, date paid.How complicated is that? If i wasn't forced to use this horrible program I would have tossed it in the trash where it belongs a long time ago. I think the first company to actually put out a user friendly program will put Intuit out of business

• Sue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who is in charge of advertising and PR at Intuit? Software development and quality assurance? This is the worst negative advertising for Intuit. Every time I send/email one of the ugly statements with pdf, a person forms a bad opinion of QB and Intuit. This is a hundred times a month for the small non-profit that I keep books for. This is such a key component of bookkeeping...the software should not have been released like this. You were so great, back in the day of my QuickBooks Pro in 1997. Can we go back to that? What happened?

I find the statement confusing as it shows the Total Amount & Total Received but does not show the outstanding amount or Total owing which is what is most important. When showing both you have to subtract the amount received from the Total Amount to know what is Outstanding. This is not a huge change just one the obvious especially to the customer.

• Sharla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have now had to spend HOURS completing statements one by one because for some weird reason they print an old memo at the bottom when I try to print in batch. I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!!!

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apparently Intuit/Quickbooks doesn't give a shit what you want. They have taken away the classic templates and now it appears as though you can't even add your logo to statements anymore.

I think they are trying to drive people away from using their online service. I know it doesn't make any sense, but why else would they take away options that were already there?

And the lack of any response or feedback to users just confirms this. Got anything to say Quickbooks staff?

• Caroline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there likely to be an update any time soon on the customer statement customisation. It seems very odd that you would allow invoice customisation but then not give the function to customise the statements. Once one area is set up it would seem an easy and natural lead on. Failing this can the colour scheme be removed so the statement can simply be printed on headed paper?

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Statements are bland and do not help our business model. PLEASE update them

• Jeff Steinberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your Statements are bland and in desperate need to be customizable.

In addition: Why doesn't QuickBooks Online allow for Service Receipts or the ability to send a receipt payments made to invoices (other than Sales Receipts). That you don't have this is disappointing.

• William Wolfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've already invested time in getting statements formatted to the specifications I need using Layout Designer for Quickbooks Desktop. Users expect to be able to carry forward the customized forms they have created using Layout Designer for QB Desktop to the online version. It's a major stumbling block for me, and I may not be able to get them figured out. I'd much rather use QB Online than the desktop version, but I can't send out bad statements to my clients!

Thanks,

William Wolfe

not being able to customize the statements is just ridiculous and so backwards for the type of company that intuit says they are to not be able to do that is just absurd.

• Chet Cromer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Startements that can't be customized are useless.

I need the ability to (AT LEAST) add my logo, match style (font/color) to invoices, and turn on/off a few fields.

• Jenner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow. These statements look terrible and unprofessional. The alignment doesn't even make any sense.

I cannot send this statement to a client; I will need to create by hand in Excel. That is a terrible time waste!

• Mikael Sheikh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Invoice emails don't show total balance due but rather only the new charges (confusingly labelled as "Balance Due" so customers only pay that amount).

But the statements look terrible. One (or both) need to be addressed.

Please include the option to customise customer statements so that our company logo and banking details and other information can be customised as per QuickBooks Reckon.

Need details like the desktop version! The desktop version statements have the invoices listed along with the details of each invoice. A customer now has to refer over to an invoice that he may or may not have.

• Cora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree the statements are terrible! As a non profit this is a key thing we need to send to our donors and they look like something a middle schooler designed. It would be nice to be able to add and delete fields.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also would find customizing the statement a must! Need to include purchase order #

← Previous 1

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base