I suggest you ...

Print Bill Payment Stub

It's time to finally enable the QB Online program to print bill payment stubs to include when a single check is written to a vendor for multiple invoices. This is a major problem. And people have been asking about it for well over a year. Come on guys!!

233 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alison Gallensky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a small non-profit we work with other small businesses and consultants who don't always submit an invoice. It would be very helpful to be able to print the bill I enter into quickbooks to enclose with payment to these vendors. This is what I did in the desktop version of quickbooks.

• Brent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to the option of sending pay stubs to employees by email, it would be a huge help to have an email option for bill payment stubs.

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We pay our 1099 vendors through the Direct Deposit bill pay feature. There is no way to automatically send a remittance including reference numbers (preferably via email). We currently have to use (and pay for) a third party to handle this for us. We could manually check and print each bill stub one by one, but to do this 100 times a week would be insane!

• Gabe Lumby, CPA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be very straightforward and an easy fix. There are still many small businesses that do business this way. You are either asking them to add steps like printing a transaction list by vendor showing the bills that were paid with what check or taking a screenshot of the bills paid and then printing one of those two reports and including with the mailed check. That is a pain and hassle. Can't be that difficult. Come on QBO...

• bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are constantly struggling with vendors that apply our checks to invoices that are different than the ones we paid. For this reason it is critical that we send the full check payment detail to our vendors when we pay them. When the detail does not fit on the check stub, we currently need to export a list of bills from QBO to Excel, sort the list to match our payment, then print from Excel to send this list with our check to the vendor. This is a big deal and should be an easy fix from the QBO side. The database already has the payment matching information -- just needs to list it rather than truncating it at 13 lines. Please help!

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Banking

Feedback and Knowledge Base