I suggest you ...

split direct deposit payroll

Payroll has an option to direct deposit into two accounts (checking & savings), but that causes problems in matching the bank download. Payroll creates one transaction but the bank has two. Won't match.

271 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    angela shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kitty Morse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have two clients with this exact problem, very frustrating! Please prioritize if you want people to keep using qbo payroll.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of January 25, 2018 it has been 1,295 days since this was first requested.

It has been 106 days since Quickbooks Admin says that "We are planning to make improvements to bank matching to allow for direct deposit splits to be matched back to the single cleared bank transaction."

What is the current status of this know issue please??? This is a big issue for me and I really would like to be able to use this feature when you implement it.

• Joe Vandenhouten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frustrating that QBooks online cannot match a split payroll deposit. Accounts payable checks (paid bills) show up as option, why wouldn't paid payroll (via direct deposit) show up. Other payroll items match in the bank feed - just cannot get the split payroll to even be recognized. Hurry up QuickBooks!!!

Needs to be fixed, we just spent about two hours trying to figure out this out.

Please fix this - we have Quickbooks for payroll. We should be able to do this.

SAME ISSUE, Extremely annoying, if I wanted to do things the hard way I'd be using pen and paper!!!

• Dave Gutman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. Very disappointing that this problem has persisted since it was first reported 3 years ago.

• Jennifer Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this poor bookkeeping ability makes me want to move away from QB. I shouldn't have to remove a paycheck to get it to balance.

• Ian Engel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still seems to be a broken issue - is there any update as to the status of the correction?

• rayanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is incredibly frustrating!

Each direct deposit split comes in on the bank feed as two transactions and is listed in the register as one transaction.

This is counter-intuitive as it makes many manual adjustments to keep the accounts clean.

1. Manually exclude the transactions from the bank feed screen.
        2. Manually add the two amounts on the bank statement to find the matching one item in the bank rec screen.

There must be a better way. This is not an issue in the desktop version.

Either, make the direct deposit transaction one item as you do in the desktop version, or make a single entry in QB for each direct deposit item.

Please do this soon!

← Previous 1

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Payroll

Feedback and Knowledge Base