I suggest you ...

Two Factor Authentication

When are we going to see a more secure login process like for google's gmail in quickbooks? I like google's two factor verification and hope you guys implement it.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anand shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to opt OUT of the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) system. It triggers WAY too often.

• RC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Process is too stringent - telephone customer service is nice enough but she/he is placed in a black and white situation of email verification process - she can't do anything for me in essence - only through the online process can qb change or give me info. Seems a series of questions on telephone discussion would suffice for getting info. Apparently a few months ago QB changed procedures for opening up the online qb account - I have not been in qb online for quite some time - now I am locked out with some arroneous info popping up in id and user - it also has my VERY OLD email that is obsolete - so I must go through a process to change my email address so I can get my user and pw revised???? My accountant is waiting on me to get her the qb online ......

• CJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 part login verification...

I understand the need, but the reason we use online is for multiple access points to our ONLINE quick books... ONLINE, we moved from the regular standalone quick books for that exact reason.

we need the option to be able to turn off that verification, not just change the mode from email to text. helps a bit... but still is completely reversing the reason why people have the ONLINE version of your product.

Things would work much better if you would remember ALL of the computers and ALL of the IP addresses that have already been authorized. As of right now were using 4 plus codes a day on the same phones, the same computers at the same locations IN THE SAME DAY!!!!!!

Even if we use multiple usernames this will still be an issue. Because we each login at multiple locations with sometimes our phones, computers other peoples computers.

Please help have ways thru these barriers now connected with our online version.

• Andrew Flanagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good grief. I think you are to blame for this ridiculous 2-step verification system they have implemented to QB online now. OMG. How are we supposed to get anything done when employees have to call me throughout the day because they need to retrieve a code from my cell phone or email. Ridiculous. Horrible. Terrible terrible terrible idea. Ughhh.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base