I suggest you ...

Signature Capture on Invoices, Estimates, and Purchase Orders: Electronic or Digital

We deliver products to our wholesale customers directly. Our drivers currently carry two printed copies of the invoice: one for the customer to keep and a second for the customer to sign acknowledging receipt of the shipment. This second copy is brought back to the office and scanned as an attachment to the invoice in QBO.

It would be so much easier if the iOS/Android app would simply allow signature capture on the invoice!

This ability would also be useful with estimates for our made-to-order offerings.

218 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathan Schulenberg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Meta4 Foods commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is completed but it sure would be nice for the driver to not be able to see al of the information that they are privy to once given access to the invoice part of QBO

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the signature option on my Surface Pro 4, just like my Iphone.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A signature similar to one you attach to your email that can be added to every item sent out of quickbooks(estimates, invoices, receipts) I would like to be able to add a short message on every document I send out automatically without the need to manually input it on every document in the memo or body area.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is hand, in Australia in my industry I need to make adeclatation statement and sign my services, the ability to drag and drop an image with a signature after a custom statement box, in the footer for instance, would be an excellent idea - this is only thing thats tending me towards using myob, which allows me to be compliant in this way unlike QBO.

Add signature capture feature to Windows app for use with Windows touchscreen tablets and laptops like the Surface Pro 3 that I use.

• Chanel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be exceptionally great to be able to send estimates out to customers and allow them the access to accept, sign and send back electronically!! We would get a super-quick response from our customers if they had the ability to utilize such a feature. I know Intuit has a "docusign" feature for their tax products so maybe they will take this suggestion into consideration. I will be the first voter on this one.

• ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add an Electronic Signature field in QBO for clients to sign an estimate once they've accepted it.

• Kirsten F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an Esignature capability for clients to send back signed estimates. It would be extremely helpful. Right now they have to print, sign, scan & send the pdf back. Kind of embarassing. Or, we have to employ something like Docusign with a third party plug in. Help!!!

• Jose E. Calderon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are occasions where a chargeback or claim is presented by an client authorizing the charge using the mobile device. If a claim is initiated, an option is needed to allow recovery of the signed Ipad or Iphone credit card authorization with the GPS data stating the location of the transaction.

Please add the capability to capture a customer signature to an invoice on both the web version of QBO and the Android version ASAP!! This was a fabulous update to the ipad version and is an absolute must for our business. I am having to run out and buy another ipad just to be able to use this feature even though I have an android tablet and a computer at the location that I am using QBO. Thank you!

• Philip Stewart, NJ Piano Service commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can accept signatures for invoices and estimates, it would be nice to have the option for receipts as well. I need to get a client's signature on all my receipts and right now I need to print a hard copy, then scan or copy it after it is signed. Adding the option to sign sales receipts would save a lot of time!

Electronic signature capability. Being able to electronically sign a PO before emailing it out.

• Jude Hunkar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to insert an electronic signature onto the 'Approved by' line and edit the date below it on all Purchase Orders please or if this isn't possible, I would like to be able to remove the 'Approved by' line and date from the Purchase Orders.

← Previous 1 3

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base