I suggest you ...

Adjust Payroll Liabilities

Provide a way to adjust payroll liabilities. This is available in the desktop version and should be in QBO Payroll as well. Occasionally the human knows better than the computer and it's frustrating not to be able to adjust!

175 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Donna BizubDonna Bizub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree! This is a big issue! I am not a fan of QBO but with more clients starting to use it, I recently took a class and got certified. I was trying to help a client with his payroll taxes and couldn't believe it when I found out you cannot change the amount of a payroll liability check! All QBO users are not perfect and do not pay the correct amount every time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my biggest issue with QBO andat this point it is enough to make me quit using it. I have many clients on QBO now and it is frustrating to be on calls with support and get little accomplished - PER CLIENT.

• KennethKenneth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed so much. The customer help # has no idea wtf they are doing when you have problems with the tax liabilities, and no idea how to fix it. I need to adjust the amount of tax liability previously entered, but cannot in QBO. And the customer support will just tell me I paid the incorrect amount, even though QBO is obviously showing the incorrect amount owed.

• Karoline KennedyKaroline Kennedy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This calculates Employment Insurance incorrectly and tec support says there is nothing they can do about it!

• infoinfo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When paying payroll tax in QBO all payroll liability amounts are fixed and can not adjust them to match actual payment. This comes necessary when by mistake we paid more or less to CRA. In QuickBooks Desk-Top we could make any adjustment in any line of payroll tax liabilities before finishing payments and over/short payment appear on the following month tax liability as credit/balance owing from previous month.
        While if I go ahead with and accept whatever QBO suggest as my liability and process payroll tax payment then it will not possible to match with my bank account since I paid a different amount. So please follow the same set-up as QuickBooks desk-top for payroll tax payment and let us adjust payment amount and carry forward any differences for future.

Feedback and Knowledge Base