I suggest you ...

Attachment Report

Our goal is to upload 100% of the attachment receipts and invoices to our expense items. I need to be able to run a report that shows which line item has a receipt and which ones don't. This will help me out a lot because if I have 1000 transactions per month and my employee forgets to upload a few attachment, then how do I check to make sure all attachment are uploaded? Please help to create the "attachment report" for us. Thank you, Nick

64 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new, opt-in "attachments" column for the Expenses page meets one part of our "Attachment Report" needs.
        (Check it out if you're here to vote: Transactions>Expenses>Gear icon>Show More> then check the "Attachments" check box. After reloading, the data will have a column counting "Attachments" for each expense. Mouse over the paperclip and click the triangle to see expenses ordered by number of attachments in asc./desc. order.)

But even with just a list of empty expenses, it's hard to follow up on missing receipts without "Account" info to direct us to the person responsible.
        >>>Could the dev's add in the "Account" column as an optional column of the Expenses page? This one edit would help optimize the attachment workflow and could close a number of requests for "Attachment Reports".

Alternatively/Bonus: the report "Transaction List by Vendor" could function just as well if there were a way to customize columns to include attachment info.

Thanks for making Intuit such a great product!

• Deirdre McGaffey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are multiple requests for features regarding a way to see what has an attachment and what doesn't - combine them all and you have hundreds of votes for this!

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Expense Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base