I suggest you ...

Add Gratuity/Tip Field When Paying Online

I would like to see a Gratuity/Tip field added to the online invoice system. My clients have no way of adding a Gratuity/Tip when paying their invoice online.

123 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mai Lan Bradford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include the option to add tips when sending invoices. Currently I have to send a square invoice then make another entry into my Quickbooks. That's double the work!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. Our customers want to tip us! We want to be tipped! You want us to process our payments through you! Its a win win win. Thanks

• Michele Jennings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to offer my clients the option to add tip to when paying online. The only work around I've found that QuickBooks offers as a solution is to add gratuity to the invoice in *advance* and then send to the client. I'd like my clients to have the *option* to pay a gratuity when paying online. Why isn't this an option for QBO? Why hasn't QB answered this question? It was posted almost 3 years ago.

• Betsy Carey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just set up Quickbooks and in creating my first invoice realized adding a tip isnt an option. I will not use Quickbooks for invoicing and will continue to use Square until this feature is added. I'm really surprised it isn't. I'm very disappointed because the main reason I wanted to switch to Quickbooks was for the ability to accept bank transfers/checks but not at the cost of potentially 20% pure profit from gratuity.

I am planning on not giving my customers the pay online option anymore. My employees get cheated out of tips because the customer doesn't have an option to tip when paying online. At least when we use Square my customer can leave a tip.

• Molly Krause commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding a prompt for tipping when swiping a card using the cell phone app (Square offers this). Also adding the ability to have multiple swipers for team members to use (Square also offers this).

let customers adjust pay above balance due so they can add tips for staff or a tip button.

Add a tip box so our clients can pay us a gratuity. This shouldn't take a numerous amount of requests to get this going!! We are ALL losing revenue because you won't add this feature. Can it not be done?????

We would like our customers to be able to check a box within the online invoice we send them to add a tip amount. Is this possible? When I sent myself an invoice I noticed I could change the amount but I could only go lower than the billed amount. I could NOT increase the amount of the invoice at all.

Thanks,
        Pam

• K. Moriah Slade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to have the option of a voluntary tip/gratuity button or space when we send out our invoices. We are a catering company, and we only add required gratuity to bills over a certain dollar amount. However, when we used a different invoicing system there was an option that allowed us to select and it would add an optional tip amount that the client could fill it in themselves. If that option could be made available it would prevent me from having to add a mandatory tip amount to every invoice. Thank you!!!

• Snyder, MD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

optional gratuity line in the total on the invoices for proper record keeping on receiving gratuity received.

• Bryan Prince commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful if I had a way to allow my residential customers to add a tip after they receive their invoice via online & choose to pay via online through the invoice sent to them. For my commercial customers, however, I do not want them to see an option for adding a tip. Is this possible? Is this something you can research and add as an option?

Thank you so much, I look forward to hearing from you soon :)

← Previous 1

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base