I suggest you ...

Copy Memo from Bill to check

Copy the memo in "bill" over to the memo in "write check" or "pay bill" I have to copy and pate my memo.

105 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you create a bill payment check, I would like for the memo and description to print on the check and vouchers

The ability to transfer the memo field between bills and bill payments as wells on checks.

This is standard in any accounting system and is even in the desktop version. It is a must.

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in complete agreement. I assumed I had a default setting in place that prevented the Memos from carrying over. I never dreamed that wouldn't happen automatically. QuickBooks: PLEASE fix this feature. Or allow it to be turned on and off in the Labs. The work around is so time consuming and too easy to miss something. We need this option!

• Jeff Ajhar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The removal of this functionality makes no sense at all. If you don't want something in the memo field to print on the bill payment screen, just leave it blank. The ability to add items like account numbers on the printed checks is critical to many clients. Please return this functionality to the way it was ASAP!

• Mandy Crawford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My client needs the description field that is written on her bill to be on the memo field of the bill payment check. We even tried the work around of copying that description field into the memo of the bill payment check, but when the check is printed the memo isn't showing up. I tried using the Intuit help and they weren't sure why it wasn't working. Said maybe it was something that went away in the update. My client is not happy and would like this fixed asap.

Would be ideal for memo box from checks and bill payments to actually print on physical check, ie. for reference invoice number, etc

Memo contents from Entered Bills should be carried over to Bill Pay to show up on the Printed Check. This would prevent duplicate entry of Invoice Numbers that need to appear on checks.

When entering information from a bill in the Enter Bill function, the memo field is not being transfer onto the check that is generated buy the Bill Pay Function. We enter the information that needs to be on the checks in the memo field when entering bills, but they are currently not showing up on the memo field when the checks are generated. We put important information that is needed for our vendors to be able to properly apply our payments correctly, and right now we have to enter the memo on checks in a very time consuming way (usually having to copy and paste what was all ready entered in the memo field when entering the bill or handwriting it on the check after they have been printed..) Please change this, and have the memo field when entering Bills show up when the checks are generated in the Bill Pay Function.

When entering a bill, need a field to enter a memo that will be actually printed on bottom left corner of the check when paying that bill.

When I create a bill I always also put in a memo, when I go to make a bill payment I want that memo to transfer over to my bill payment. This causes extra labor as it is now, I have to copy and paste.

← Previous 1

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Expense Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base