I suggest you ...

Add billable checkbox and customer fields to downloaded transactions (Banking) page

Most of our company credit card transactions are billable to our clients as reimbursable expenses, however when downloading credit card transactions from the bank, the option to check the box for billable to client, or the option to select a client to bill to isn't there. After downloading the transaction, you have to move to the credit card ledger and re-edit the transaction to select the billable check box, and then select the client.

Request adding the following fields on the "download transaction pages":

1) "billable checkbox"
2) "Client / Customer to bill to"
3) Edit memo line to carry over to invoice / expense detail line.

206 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

71 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow I thought I was the only one that needed the customer in the download transactions box. I have the same issues as all previous comments the worst being downloading the transaction then have to go to the register to edit. Such a struggle with many many transactions. I've been searching for an answer but to no avail! Please put in the suggested boxes listed above

• Bill CaulkinsBill Caulkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a no-brainer. While you're at it why not add every other column in the record as an optional value to be included?

Great! Now please add a billable check box when creating expenses on the iOS and Android apps.

• Robert SavageRobert Savage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am surprised this doesn't have more votes. I waste so much time each week downloading and accepting transactions then searching the register for the transaction I just saved so i can enter customer information.

In QBO it would be nice to be able to mark expenses as billable and assign a client directly on the transaction screen before the transaction is accepted. It's a huge pain to have to first accept the transaction, then go to transactions "In Quickbooks", and click into each expense individually.

• brianclarkbrianclark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add "Billable" and "Customer" to "New Transaction" in Credit Cards. Customer has to be manually added in register after accepting transaction

• paigepaige commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to add ALL needed information when reviewing new transactions imported from the bank to go straight to invoicing client for invoicing of billables.=client, project number, checkbox for billables, descriptions. maybe even autopopulate the description with the bank description as a starting point on descriptions so it doesn't have to be re-entered manually.

• michelemichele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to mark an expense as billable to client in the credit card detail section (once the detail has been downloaded from the bank).

• TylerTyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be great in a future update if we could classify something as "billable" on the page where we add the transactions initially.

Right now, the process is a little tedious - add the new transaction, then go into the "in quickbooks" tab, then find the transaction, click on it, the click "billable". Seems like a lot of extra steps.

• Chris TullChris Tull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When QBO brings downloaded data in from bank accounts, QBO needs the ability to make them billable when you are adding them from the banking screen. Most of my credit card charges are billable.

• lsimonslsimons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add billable expense check box and which company to bill it to in the first touch with an expense downloaded from a credit card.

Add the ability to mark a downloaded transaction as billable, and select the client/customer to whom it's billable too as you're adding in the transaction from the Transactions/Banking screen. Additionally, if one could add in a document at the same time it would be awesome!

• juston.majesticjuston.majestic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to mark downloaded transactions as billable when matching them instead of having to match it, then go to the register and find it, and them marking it is billable.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base