I suggest you ...

Show total balance due on emailed incoice

Please have the emailed invoice “display page” show the TOTAL AMOUNT DUE, including the Past Due and New Charges, just like the PDF version of the invoice shows. Also, please synchronize the total amount due with Intuit Merchant Services so customers can pay the TOTAL AMOUNT DUE ONLINE – Just like the IPN payment center displayed All of the open invoices that were due! Thank you.

168 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian Resh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I had more than 3 votes to give.. I can't express how much I want this fixed, and it's been an issue since I started using QB online 2 years ago! I REALLY need this fixed ASAP. Or just take the amount off the email all together. But even clicking the link to view the invoice shows just the invoice amount at the top of the page. Come on! I tried change the delivery option to plain text, but that made no change at all to the email, it was still HTML with the link and amount of the one invoice shown. Please, hear our cries!! Our customer are too busy to scan through 3 different places looking for the right amount to pay, they are just paying the first amount they see...

• Mitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add my complaint of the missing Total Due to the long list of previous. A quick workaround in my case was to switch to "plain text" in preferences/send forms/my preferences. This won't help the sync to Merchant Services, but it will force the client to open up the attached PDF, which can have the Total Due at the bottom if desired

• Rebekah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this still isn't under review!!! Is it really that difficult is it to add one more line showing the TOTAL AMOUNT DUE in the email and Pay Invoice page??

Not only is it a huge hassle to have to send a separate email to show the TOTAL AMOUNT DUE, but it's a hassle for the customer to have to figure it out when making an online payment, which makes us look quite unprofessional. What a disappointment......

• Nora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the reason this hasn't been looked at is because it is requested as a "feature" and has not received enough votes. In my opinion this is a flaw and should be fixed urgently. Maybe if we all complained about it?

• Mitch Cohen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree with this request. I just returned my company to Quickbooks 2017 after a three year hiatus and found that the email body contained the "current" balance due and not the total balance due and, worse, I could find no Preference in Quickbooks 2017 that allowed me to choose "Total Balance Due" over the seemingly hard-coded "Current Balance Due".

I need this NOW ... as it is horrifically informing our customers of the wrong balance two (two of who we are about to put a lien on their property).

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a problem for me ever since I started using Quickbooks Online. As others have said, it's confusing for my clients and inconvenient for me. I have added text to the email to indicate that they should look at the attached invoice, but no one reads that. They just see the amount due and ignore any past due amounts.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you kidding me?! This was reported a year and a half ago and it's still not implemented??!! How about we just send all our late payment notices directly to qbo?

Our Company is having issues with our clients who have paid late only paying the current invoice. It is a unnecessary hassle.

I agree. My clients are only paying their most recent invoice and I have to email them to remind them that there is still an outstanding balance.

Any preview/display page should 100% contain the TOTAL amount due (all charges: past and new) to avoid the confusion.

please yes this is such a ridiculous flaw. since switching to QB my clients are constantly missing paying the proper balance.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base