I suggest you ...

transit benefit pre-tax payroll deduction

Hello, I was told by support that the newest version of QB online payroll does not allow for a pre-tax deduction for employee transit benefits. I would like to add this deduction for our employees ASAP, both for employee savings and to encourage environmentally friendly commutes. Please advise to matt@i-sba.org when this upgrade is scheduled. With all due respect, not having this deduction available costs our employees $ in our pockets, so prioritization of this task would be much appreciated. Thank you, Matt Larsen, Executive Director, Illinois Spina Bifida Association

196 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to properly manage taxable and non-taxable benefits in payroll is a must. QBO is sorely lacking in this regard. We were unable to move from ADP to QBO Payroll due to the lack of flexibility.

• HEATHER BIRCHILLHEATHER BIRCHILL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QBO/IOP desperately need the added functionality of being able to customize taxability for various benefits/deductions. State, county and city/local taxing agencies have established different taxability for certain benefits and the ability to customize that is crucial as small empoyers continue to add new and unique benefits to their employment packages.
        The software also needs the ability to select a deduction schedule rather than assuming that all deductions come out of every payroll. Many employers prefer once a month or 1st & 3rd payroll only for their deduction schedule.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have this upgrade as well. This is an unacceptable problem with quickbooks payroll.

Feedback and Knowledge Base