I suggest you ...

SUBTOTAL

It would be extremely awesome if there was a option to have Subtotal Feature on the Estimate and Invoice page to give subtotals on line Items on the Form it self

386 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  · 

75 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Faisal Siddiqi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be great if subtotal can be done by sub-customer.

If we have 2 subcustomers (bill with parents) and both subcustomers need to be invoiced, currently we are using 2 different invoices. But if there is ability to select 2 different sub customers .. within the invoice, that would be great.

• Ralph Howarth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jim R: it was added 3 months ago; but there is no item grouping yet. It is all manually drawn sub-totaling that can be made into a memorized transaction as a mock item group.

• Jim R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QBO - Are you guys reading this this?? Why has this functionality not been added yet?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add my voice to the chorus! I'm a contractor and need to provide my clients with detailed totals per application.

If I can't have a subtotal QB is less useful than a simple spreadsheet.

i need the subtotal to calculate Hawaii General Excise Tax. Please add it to QBO!

• C Gauert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to apply a different sales tax rate to two services on the same invoice. Right now two separate invoices have to be created. Please fix this!

Please elaborate. I am able to enter multiple subtotal lines on estimates. Are you trying to have groupings of subtotals like multi-column subtotals?

Thank you for adding subtotal to the online version BUT we need to have more than 1 option of a subtotal. We need multiple subtotals available (was not a problem with QB Pro), PLUS we need the option of multiple Discount Lines also after these subtotal lines! thanks for your help!

I would like to expand on the construction and manufacturing industries have two common subtotaling needs:

1) Bill of Labor subtotal.
        2) Bill of Material subtotal.

There is then other subtotals desired such as Contingencies, Overhead, Site Work, and Shipping. Such are essentially other forms of Charges in the QBO world; but there is a great disconnect with how Labor are handled in Estimates vs. actually billing for Labor via Time Sheets.

• Christy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Subtotals are greatly needed. How this oversight occurred has me flabbergasted!! You need to make this a priority and fix it!

A new development has occurred that has yet to be revealed if there is anything in mind within the QBO engineers to do about this; but, the Products and Services list properties is now enhanced with the new Type property that can tag an Product and Service is either an Item or a Service. (Might have well have called it a Product instead of Item for continuity.) This is a shift towards what is the functionality found in QB Pro desktop that leads to the Subtotalling platform. QBO does do subtotalling; but in its own way. It subtotals Times Sheet Activities as Activities, Estimate and Delayed Charges as Charges, and Billable Expense Reimbursements as Expenses. The three categories then subtotal flow onto an invoice. The problem is that labor is often held on an estimate, and then can erroneously flow as a Charge on an Invoice when Time Activities is the actual labor. Perhaps the new Item and Service designation can help solve this problem.

Why isnt this available!!?? We need subtotals in invoices and the ability to group products/service items on one line in an invoice.

Definitely a must. I still need to revert to my desktop version in order to give certain clients a broken down estimate / invoice. NOT COOL

I NEEEEEEEED a SUBTOTAL COLUMN. It's messing up how we pay our salesmen. Exporting to excel is pointless without this feature.

← Previous 1 3 4

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base