I suggest you ...

Downgrade Subscription

I would like to be able to downgrade my account without having to delete my current account, start a new company, and reload data. This seems like a ridiculous exercise especially for the amount of money we pay versus the desktop version.

162 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Phillip RPhillip R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They're a predatory company that understand if they make the downgrade process complicated enough you wont go through the hassle of doing it. It is by design that we cannot downgrade our accounts. They have no intention of offering this service. It is also by design that you can only do it from a windows machine running the worlds least secure internet browser. Do not trust Intuit, they will trick and cheat you at every opportunity.

• SMSM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Totally BS. I started up a trial version and then when I wanted to start to pay somehow I am a plus account. I am a savy computer user and it is certainly not obvious what type of account it is. Then when you want to start it after the trial you cant downgrade - only reenter all the info all over again. You cant tell me that they can develop a whole program and cant devise this feature. There is obviously enough IT savy to make this feature - they just dont want you to. They know the amount of effort the whole start up is so they know you are hooped.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a joke that there isn't a downgrade feature.

It definitely cannot be that hard to build.
        People have been asking about this for 2 years now and they still haven't done anything!

You're pricing people into the Plus plan and there's no way out except canceling when your bill jumps to over $40/month.

• MKSMKS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would say a downgrade feature would be very helpful. When I started w/ quickbooks, my business was just starting out. Now I have realized I only use it for invoicing and payment tracking and none of the other features. I wish I could downgrade so I could create a Self employed. I am looking at other billing software and for what I could pay a month I could have new software without any monthly commitment. But If I could down grade, I would still keep quickbooks because of the functions i do use and the mobility.

• jaiemcjaiemc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The account owner should have the opportunity to upgrade and downgrade their account based upon the needs of the business.

Feedback and Knowledge Base