I suggest you ...

Ability to make Direct Deposit 1099 Contractor payments

How about bringing back being able to pay contractors through payroll?

1,514 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

149 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to make payments to vendors by direct deposit. Please add that feature to your Online version.

This was possible with QB Pro Payroll Service, but it is not with QBs Online. This was a feature that I relied on and that was integral in helping me work more efficiently.

There needs to be a way to pay vendors with direct deposit! It would be so much better for you to add a feature like this.

• Judy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Processing payments to vendors via direct deposit to their banks would be a tremendous help.

Why is a reasonable request such as this, dating back over two years with so many votes and comments, not even have a dev comment? I just switched to QBO but am considering demanding my money back and reverting to desktop over this blatant lack of support.

• Andy Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hey steve this doesn't appear to be live. did you abandon the project? or is there a different domain name?

• Caludia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My clients are asking for it and they want to see it on QBO. At year-end it is easier to file 1099's.

• tiffany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow for payment of independent contractors through the payroll service, including the ability to generate 1099s. The work around of entering a bill through vendors and issuing a check does not allow for direct deposit. It is a departure from a streamline payroll process. And yes, I know that an independent contractor is not an employee; however, payroll should address both employees and independent contractors.

• devon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should add a feature that allows me to make direct deposits to my independent contractors and business owners' bank accounts (similar to the payroll feature direct deposit feature).

We definitely need the ability to sign up and set up Direct Deposit for Independent Contractors within Quickbooks Online. It is a feature in the physical software version, but not online. Without it, we cannot utilize the Payroll option.

• Travis Ervin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is a major drawback of QBO. We have about 50 very upset vendors now that we have switched to QBO because the Post Office has been horribly unreliable and its financially infeasible to spend $5 per check to track every payment.

• Angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be a way to pay vendors with direct deposit. Having a hard time getting clients to switch to QBO without this feature.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi -

I'm developing an app that allows you to easily pay your Quickbooks Vendors online and record the resulting Bill Payments. It does require both you and your vendors to free, one time account with a service called Dwolla which performs the direct deposit. A working beta is online at www.quickwolla.com, I'd love for you to try it out and let me know how it works for you.

Thanks!

Hi -

I'm developing an app that allows you to easily pay your Quickbooks Vendors online and record the resulting Bill Payments. It does require both you and your vendors to free, one time account with a service called Dwolla which performs the direct deposit. A working beta is online at www.quickwolla.com, I'd love for you to try it out and let me know how it works for you.

Thanks!

Hi -

Thanks!

Hi -

Thanks!

Hi -

I'm developing an app that allows you to easily pay your Quickbooks Vendors online and record the resulting Bill Payments. It does require both you and your vendors to setup a free, one time account with a service called Dwolla which performs the direct deposit. A working beta is online at www.quickwolla.com, I'd love for you to try it out and let me know how it works for you.

Thanks!

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Payroll

Feedback and Knowledge Base