I suggest you ...

Ability to make Direct Deposit 1099 Contractor payments

How about bringing back being able to pay contractors through payroll?

1,467 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

140 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joni RipperJoni Ripper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a few 1099 contractors and one employee, and use Quickbooks Online payroll to pay the employee by direct deposit, but it would be VERY helpful if we could pay our contractors by direct deposit as well, instead of writing checks for them. I know there are other companies out there that would love this feature also. PLEASE take this under consideration and include it in a near future update! Thank you!

• KarenKaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More and more companies are preferring to use ACH method of payment vs issuing checks. Please add this feature to the Vendor details information page so that we can download and upload the information to our bank. Issuing checks is time consuming and not eco-friendly. Please upgrade your systems to allow for ACH payments. Thank you!

• BradBrad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on if this is being taken into consideration? Just voted for it as well. Would be quite the time saver.

• Linda ParsonsLinda Parsons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would not have switched had I known that I could not do vendor direct deposits. MAJOR disappointment

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vendor direct deposit would be awesome, I have some desktop customer holding out on migration to online because this feature is not available :(

• RachelRachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add an option to pay 1099 Contractors through Direct Deposit from QB Online

• LizLiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add functionality to allow users to pay vendor bills (or 1099 independent contractors) electronically from quickbooks online.

Yes, Yes, Yes! This is a must have that is lacking from QBonline. I was so disappointed to learn that I couldn't pay vendors without paying for payroll. It was so easy with my desktop version that I'm really dissatisfied with this product.

I need to be able to make payments to vendors by direct deposit. Please add that feature to your Online version.

This was possible with QB Pro Payroll Service, but it is not with QBs Online. This was a feature that I relied on and that was integral in helping me work more efficiently.

There needs to be a way to pay vendors with direct deposit! It would be so much better for you to add a feature like this.

• JudyJudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Processing payments to vendors via direct deposit to their banks would be a tremendous help.

Why is a reasonable request such as this, dating back over two years with so many votes and comments, not even have a dev comment? I just switched to QBO but am considering demanding my money back and reverting to desktop over this blatant lack of support.

• Andy MorrisAndy Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hey steve this doesn't appear to be live. did you abandon the project? or is there a different domain name?

• CaludiaCaludia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My clients are asking for it and they want to see it on QBO. At year-end it is easier to file 1099's.

• tiffanytiffany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow for payment of independent contractors through the payroll service, including the ability to generate 1099s. The work around of entering a bill through vendors and issuing a check does not allow for direct deposit. It is a departure from a streamline payroll process. And yes, I know that an independent contractor is not an employee; however, payroll should address both employees and independent contractors.

Feedback and Knowledge Base