I suggest you ...

Ability to make Direct Deposit 1099 Contractor payments

How about bringing back being able to pay contractors through payroll?

1,514 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

149 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. I work with many subcontractors and Direct Deposit would really help.

• Levi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great to have!!! When can would it be available.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add it!

Actually give us something in return for the money you take each month.

Stop suggesting bill.com that requires a monthly subscription when other options are available at no additional cost in other versions.

Please add this feature! It would greatly reduce the amount of work we have to do in order to pay 1099 vendors via direct deposit using other options.

Also, please consider updating us on the progress of this.

Yes, please. My contractors keep asking for direct deposit. It is a pain to get them paid through other options.

Anyone have any advice on other vendors that offer this service, given that QBO hasn't made any progress on this in over three years it is probably time to make a change.

This is absolutely needed! Please make it happen in some form or other so that vendors can be paid without having to write a paper check, and without having to purchase an add-on!

I agree with most of the posters here; it's an ability that you have in the desktop version - porting to QBO should not be that hard. You have it for Intuit Online Payroll - porting that over to Quickbooks Online Payroll should be that much easier. I'm willing to be patient and wait, but please provide some user feedback as to whether or not QBO will be including this feature relatively soon or not. Clients are demanding it, therefore we (accountants) are as well. Thank you.

Why would someone pay for an add on that should be available through QBO ?

They continue to take our monthly fees, but give us crap for updates.......
        Years later it still continues.

• Sharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, this is really sad. I've spent most of the afternoon trying to figure this out. One says yes, the other no. When I find the yeses, I the directions on what to do does not match with what I have. Yes, I have Enhanced Payroll. Yes, I have the box checked as a 1099 for the vendor. BUT...now I read a bit further down on this thread that you can do this with Intuit's partner Bill.com. Yea right. More money to spend that won't accomplish what we needed. If my client didn't want access to his books from wherever, you can be SURE that I would bring him back over to the desktop. Ridiculous. Yes, I am an accounant, and do not use QBO for any other clients.

• Peggy Riley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have received conflicting information regarding direct deposit for 1099 vendors. In the QuickBooks Online Certification and Bootcamp yesterday, the trainer said paying 1099 vendors by direct deposit was available. Today I am told it is available thru Intuit Online Payroll, but not QuickBooks Online Payroll. I don't understand what the holdup would be if the technology is already in-place with Intuit. Clients are used to having this service through Desktop so making it available in QBO is a no brainer. Please..

Knowone from intuit reads these or cares about their customers. All they are concerned with is receiving their monthly fees from us and showing a profit for their shareholders.

• B Duke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do the 1099s. ASAP. I would give this 100K votes. Why are you pushing an inferior, limited, cumbersome product to replace one that is vastly superior. Is online technonlgy and code so weak that you cant simply replicate QB Desktop?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Help

Feedback and Knowledge Base