I suggest you ...

Quickbooks Online Export to Desktop

Accountants generally have tools that require the offline quickbooks data file to process year end. Quickbooks Online needs a "Export to Quickbooks file" feature to allow accountants to import this data into their tool. CRA would also require this during an audit.

191 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nathanael Law commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute requirement for us. Client ownership of data is a key component of any large cloud-based service. The inability to export my QBO data from my Canadian accounts to QB Desktop goes contrary to every other cloud service provider that I have worked with. It will also cost us significant effort to manually reenter transactions from the Excel export.

• Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm horrified to have just found out that I can't export my QB online data to the desktop version, what a farce!

• Scott Henderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like the US version of QBO will export to QB Desktop but not the Canadian version. This is very strange. I need to be able to export from QBO to QBD for my accountant. It should be a simple thing since both programs are owned, updated and managed by the same company and they already have this feature working in other countries. Please, Please make this a priority!

• Francis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ABSOLUTELY NEED to export my data. My company has grown and I have to use the desktop version for inventory. I found out I cannot export and this is a complete non-sense and I am really really frustrated by that. This is a feature that should have been implanted the day your update went out. This is seriously unacceptable.

• Skotoko Corporation commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Presently you cannot export into the T2 module. I use this feature. I will not put my clients on the online if it is going to cost me extra time every year end to work around an inferior software package.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I have the same problem. I have made many downloads for conversion to QB desktop for the sake of having a time dated backup and there are always mistakes. Last conversion was over 30,000 dollars off in the check book alone. Balance sheet was off by over six figures. What a joke.

• Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is a MUST. I don't understand why an online version would be released without the ability to integrate seamlessly with the desktop versions.

For Canadians that want to access the convenience of QBO yet have the full desktop version for power-usage, until a perfect export can happen, QBO is useless. I hope Intuit understands that I am willing to pay more money to use both products, but until they can fully converse with each other, I will have to remain with your desktop product.

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They have this feature... http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/Support/Articles/how12246

The problem is it is glitchy, not easy, and doesn't work very well. More likely than not, importing / exporting ends up not transferring all info. Making regular imports or exports not possible w/o heavy risk of losing something important. Lack of this feature alone is a deal breaker as it doesn't even allow us to reliably backup QBO.

• Ciara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an incredible inconvenience for me and my company to not have the ability to export our Quickbooks file via our Mac. We are a mac based company - do you have any plans to make this possible? Please advise at your earliest convenience.

• Patrick Goddard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely essential - if only for offline backup. Data belongs to the client, not Intuit. QB Online should not have been launched without this ability.

I need to move away from the QBO international version to desktop version! The international version lacks quite a few important functions that the US version has. For example, I cannot change the form name from "Estimate" to other names such as "Quotation," and I cannot export my company and transaction data.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Import/Export

Feedback and Knowledge Base