I suggest you ...

Ability to turn VAT off for UK Customers

Hi
Please can you add the ability to turn off VAT within Quickbooks. In this economic climate a number of our clients have now deregistered for VAT and they need to be able to reflect this in their accounts, without always putting items to 'Out of Scope' - which is not the correct way to accounts for items. Please can you let me know if this is in the pipeline and also how long it will take to implement.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul AdelsonPaul Adelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ffs do the following:
        Settings cog > Company settings > Advance (left nav) > Under 'Accounting section' > Default tax rates > SELECT NO VAT! thats it end. no more headache, pain or tears and no more wasted votes.

Now all your VAT liability amounts will remain active in QuickBooks but thats no problem, once you receive your deregistration date from HMRC, run your VAT100 report up to that date and boom! job done!.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please - it is a nuisance to constantly having to turn of VAT everytime using Quickbooks online.
        Most small businesses in the UK are below £85000 VAT threshold and do NOT need VAT.
        Please let us have the option to completely delete VAT.

make the vat option changeable so if you become non vat registered you can remove all vat reference from QB online similar to the old desktop version.

provide an option to turn vat off from a particular date. One of the QB recommended data transfer companies incorrectly activated the vat option and you cannot turn it off like the old versions. I now have to select no vat on all transactions

Hi, my company details have been set up incorrectly with vat enabled but I am not vat registered. I am told you cannot remove vat without starting from fresh with a new company profile. I have used desktop based version for many years and you could change vat status when required e.g go above or below vat threshold and register/deregister for vat. surely this facility is still required without starting from fresh unless you tell me it is easy to transfer all data/invoices/ records etc to a new profile? Can you please reinstate the option to add/remove vat with a date option.

Feedback and Knowledge Base