I suggest you ...

Re-order point notification for inventory items

it will be really helpful in inventory management to have a REORDER point feature where i get a note or reminder to order more inventory once I reach my reorder point that i set for a specific inventory item.

219 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VPControllerVPController commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new "Reorder" feature is good. Many users are asking for the way to see if an inventory item is already on a purchase order or not in QBO.

It's amazing that you do not even have a basic commonly used inventory feature in QBO.

• GeorgeGeorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also add the ability to generate a PO based on the reorder point and not just a notification.

• GRRRRRRRR!GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yay, changed to "started". I can only imagine what that means. I guess we have something to look forward to in the coming years.

• GRRRRRRRR!GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This place is a sad, sad wasteland of excellent ideas and suggestions. Shame on you Intuit for pretending like you care about the needs of your paying subscribers. [Insert middle finger here]

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to receive notification when inventory is low, requiring re-order would be very beneficial for our company. Please help us out QB!

• Susan McDonaldSusan McDonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Re-order points are necessary for our business. We have a lot of small items in our inventory that sell out frequently. The only way we know to re-order is to walk the aisles or to run inventory report and go through it line by line. It would also be helpful to be able to add a preferred vendor. That way we could have all the information we need to reorder right at our finger tips.

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why wouldn't this be on the online version, seriously????

• BradBrad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be a function to be able track stock status versus reorder point. Being able to see reorder points and run reorder reports is important for my business.

• infoinfo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to see an option for inventory to have a minimum quantity on hand to trigger a list of what needs to be ordered. Is this in the works anytime soon as an update?

Can we have a low stock warning that can show when creating an invoice or a sales receipt.

• Andrew WeaverAndrew Weaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QBO needs automated "Batch" Purchase Order feature - it needs to be aware of items you are running low on.

This is a common feature in other softwares that I have used, and was expecting to find it in the highest level of QBO but sadly it's lacking. Here's how it would work:

1. Prerequisite: Inventory Item Tracking and Track Stock Level both turned on. In this case, the Inventory Detail Window should have a couple more fields, "Min. Qty." and "Target Qty." and "Preferred Vendor"

2. When stock levels fall below the Min. Qty. for any item, the dashboard would say "4 items from Vendor A need to be reordered". When you click the link, it fires off a "Batch Purchase Order" window, which is similar to building a regular PO except the user can see the onhand quantity as one of the columns, and the PO Qty is pre-filled with the qty required to bring the inventory item back up to the "target qty." amount. (optionally it would be helpful to have a couple more columns available to display onscreen at the user's discretion).

I have chosen QBO for it's ability to integrate with my other online systems. There are a lot of independent vendors of systems, plugins for websites, etc. that attempt to provide some of this functionality, but it truly belongs in 1 place, and 1 place only, and that's in QBO. The reason is simple: Every business needs 1 location, 1 canonical location, in which the inventory value is "correct". Naturally the Accounting system is where that should be. Details of orders flow into QBO and decrement stock. Returns flow in and increment stock. Do we want to have inventory levels available to our other applications such as the website? Sure, that's important and can be done by plugins and api's, but EVERY INVENTORY TRANSACTION has an ACCOUNTING COMPONENT and so there is no better place to have the master inventory records than in QBO.
        Thank you for your consideration, I will be doing a LOT of manual work when creating my Vendor PO's until this functionality is added.

This is available on the desktop version, how hard would it be to put it on the online version! Definitely need this feature!

• ordersorders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow a minimum and maximum stock number so you can run an inventory report and see what has fallen below min level.

Email notifications to inform you when certain inventory items are low in quantity

• Liane McCabeLiane McCabe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we need to have a base re-order point and a customizeable (sp?) report of inventory that needs to be ordered.

We would be obliged if we would get alerts when a specific item qty go below the minimum/desired qty.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base