I suggest you ...

IMPORT IIF FILES

IMPORT IIF FILES
I need the ability to import IIF files from several applications into QuickBooks Online in order to successfully use it. Without this capability, it is of no use to me.

126 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark AinsworthMark Ainsworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The biggest number of problems we encounter are to do with transcription errors when importing information from out booking and management system. The system provides IIF output so posting directly into the online system is ESSENTIAL!

• Ray HoneycuttRay Honeycutt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've recommended QB Desktop to clients for years. Several of them have moved to QBO with varying levels of frustration. The latest client uses ADP as a payroll processor, which exports transaction to import into the accounting system in IIF format. I was totally amazed to learn this doesn't work in QBO. How is that possible. Did not Intuit define this file format specifically for data interchange into their accounting system products. Its been used to import into QB desktop for many year. I think its incredible Intuit is telling this client they must buy a third party tool to do something that was built in for many years.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The major drawback of online quickbooks is its ability not to import files in IIF format the same in Desktop version. the quickbooks online engineeer must consult with Desktop version engineer to learn this IIF capabilitiy

Feedback and Knowledge Base