I suggest you ...

Electronic Signature on Checks: E-Signature, Electronic, Digital, print or scanned

Add the ability to upload a signature image that can be printed on checks.

1,243 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

133 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need an electronic signature to print on regular checks as well as the payroll checks within Quickbooks Online. I know this feature is available in the desktop version, please make it in an online version as well!!!

• ELI LUCIO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks quickbooks online for making my life easier,,,,,but it would be better if allowed to add signature when printing checks.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very useful as signing or stamping large volumes of checks is very time consuming. Please consider adding this feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add digital signature, and also the option to use blank stock checks. Please. The sooner the better.

I understand some of the security concerns... Why not add this to the Quickbooks Online desktop app? It wouldn't need to be accessible through the website, just the app. I don't see how this would be any different than the old Desktop version.

Please add the ability to match multiple downloaded bank transactions to a single QB transaction.
        No explanation is necessary to stress how important & helpful such a feature will be!

I hope you add this ASAP

Thanks Intuit!

• Alexander Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support all the calls for check printing, but I would like to add that checks cold be prepared by one user, then authorized by another before printing. And electronic signatures saved. Each check could require a password to be entered to safeguard signuatures etc. This would allow for remote authorization of checks to be printed when I'm away from office.

• jbreuer@ptxtech.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if I could upload an image of my signature and have it print on the checks. I just "upgraded" to QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2014, since that was not compatible with Windows 10. I am disappointed to find out that this feature is not available in QuickBooks Online, as I print hundreds of checks.

I never thought to check this when changing from Desk Top, this is crucial for us.

• erica@gregryals.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the electronic signature feature on Quickbooks online. The desktop version has it, and I think that system would be more antiquated. It's strange that it's not included in the online version.

• Jack Lansky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is easy to do and QBD had it so I'm guessing the main reason they've been hesitant is the liability associated with it. For this to work, whether they save the signature on their servers long-term or not, you would have to upload the signature to QBO. Even if it just passes through from your computer to the checks, it would still have to be processed through their API. This opens up a huge amount of liability for them. Imagine if people started suing them, claiming that they didn't sign a check or a contract that was sent? On the desktop version they could prove to any court or judge that they had no access to the signature - its saved in a file on the clients computer. But with QBO they can't really prove that. Technically they WOULD have access to it if they really wanted to get it.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Expense Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base