I suggest you ...

Electronic Signature on Checks: E-Signature, Electronic, Digital, print or scanned

Add the ability to upload a signature image that can be printed on checks.

1,082 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

126 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to match multiple downloaded bank transactions to a single QB transaction.
        No explanation is necessary to stress how important & helpful such a feature will be!

I hope you add this ASAP

Thanks Intuit!

• Alexander JohnsonAlexander Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support all the calls for check printing, but I would like to add that checks cold be prepared by one user, then authorized by another before printing. And electronic signatures saved. Each check could require a password to be entered to safeguard signuatures etc. This would allow for remote authorization of checks to be printed when I'm away from office.

• jbreuer@ptxtech.comjbreuer@ptxtech.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if I could upload an image of my signature and have it print on the checks. I just "upgraded" to QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2014, since that was not compatible with Windows 10. I am disappointed to find out that this feature is not available in QuickBooks Online, as I print hundreds of checks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I never thought to check this when changing from Desk Top, this is crucial for us.

• erica@gregryals.comerica@gregryals.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the electronic signature feature on Quickbooks online. The desktop version has it, and I think that system would be more antiquated. It's strange that it's not included in the online version.

• Jack LanskyJack Lansky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is easy to do and QBD had it so I'm guessing the main reason they've been hesitant is the liability associated with it. For this to work, whether they save the signature on their servers long-term or not, you would have to upload the signature to QBO. Even if it just passes through from your computer to the checks, it would still have to be processed through their API. This opens up a huge amount of liability for them. Imagine if people started suing them, claiming that they didn't sign a check or a contract that was sent? On the desktop version they could prove to any court or judge that they had no access to the signature - its saved in a file on the clients computer. But with QBO they can't really prove that. Technically they WOULD have access to it if they really wanted to get it.

• Tina WuTina Wu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desperately need QBO to have a feature to add signatures onto checks! Clients will appreciate not be to be penalize with writing 100's of checks every month in addition to having money out of their pocket!!

• IsaacIsaac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A critical features that was highly appreciated in QBD. Please Intuit! Bring this to QBO

• ChuckChuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just switched from Quickbooks 2013 for windows to 2016 for MAC. I don't understand why you wouldn't have that ability to print checks with the signature on them automatically like in the previous version. It seems like a step back to not have that available. Hundreds of checks printed each month and now we're back in the stone age of having to sit there and sign each one. Not happy with the new version of quickbooks at all.

• James WilliamsJames Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding an electronic (jpeg, gif, tiff, bmp, etc) signature to checks during the check printing process is already a capability in the QuickBooks desktop version. Please add this to QuickBooks Online as well. Thanks!

• Michael PaladinoMichael Paladino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add automatic printed signiture for checks being printed. In the desktop version an uploaded signiture can be added and it saves the company a great deal of time from having to sign each check. Thank you
        Michael Paladino

• ElenaElena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a business owner is out of the office, digital signature would make the business process more convenient for everybody.

• Justin MillerJustin Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really disappointing that you cannot print a signature on checks on the Online version but you can on the desktop. This would be very helpful. Can allow for two signatures to be placed. One printed and the other hand signed. Would allow, i.e., a Treasurer to enter check information and have their signature automatically print and allow a President to verify the check, print them, and hand sign for two signatures for a multi-state organization to do this without seeing each other face to face.

Feedback and Knowledge Base