I suggest you ...

Need for Product Grouping or Bundled items in inventory

Quickbooks inventory is awesome! However it is missing bundled item kits, or product groupings. Also need to be able to send invoice with (item/service) group description only - instead of detailed description setup in each item.

259 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

71 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christopher Sun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am surprised that there is no way to set the price of a bundled item in QBO. The price is automatically set to the sum of the prices of the components. For us, bundles are used as a way to give the customer a discount for purchasing multiple items as a group.

For a sale, I know we can add to the overall order discount. However, this is very difficult for orders containing multiple bundles (the math gets really tricky).

Any idea whey the price is not changeable?

• Tom Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Mike. Make bundles on the mobile app a priority. As a workaround, I can create invoices with bundled items on my desktop every morning, save them and then edit line items in the field but the bundle feature would be a lot more useful if I could use it from my tablet or smartphone.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will bundles be available on the mobile app? We group items to construct quick estimates with all the detailed components a typical estimate would normally contain. This is wonderful as the detail is hidden from the client "cleaning up" the look of the estimate.

The huge problem is we can't use the bundle feature via the mobile app! For my team, this defeats the purpose of the feature.

Is there a plan to integrate bundles into the mobile app? If so, when will this be released?

• Twila Hoffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you should also be able to enter whatever prices you need for bundles. Items in the bundle may cost less than the total of the sum you want to charge for the completed bundle.

• jrandall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for ability to group/bundle items. As a nonprofit, the ability to auto allocate expenses across classes and restricted grants saves a lot of time. QBO Plus instructions say to select Bundle from Product/Service type, so it appears that the capability and documentation are out of sync.

• Michele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Item Group - this is Urgent. I have 3 or 4 possible online clients because this feature is not available. I'm being told to use Category as a workaround however that option does not list in the item set up. If its on desktop it must be an option to have it online.

• Kurt Drescher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add subtotals to estimates and invoices without showing rate and amount. We use this to group items. Providing out clients with grouped items makes the decision process easier. We break down a large project into a few groups. That way, instead of focusing on each item's cost, they can consider the group of items.

• Aaron Willand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to add Grouping so that we can seperate Labor and Material on our reports, but show customer one cost on estimates, invoices, and receipts

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add functionality for bundling/kitting (i.e. sku: PAK2 is translated to 1 unit of sku A, 1 unit of sku B, and 1 unit of sku C). Add alias skus, which are just different names for the same sku.

• Derek Youngberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to leave a suggestion for intuit to add the ability to group items together to make a set on sales receipts and invoices in QBO. I have read that it is available on the desktop versions so it shouldn't be a problem adding to the online version

• Robert Monahan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Group items. Would be great to have group items like there were in the desktop version. We utilized these alot!

• Akemi Segami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to add custom columns to invoices and be able to group products/services under different projects in the same invoice

• Knut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We sell "Value Packs" which are made up of 12 "individual packs" and sold for a discount price. We need QBO to understand that when one sells, it reduces the inventory quantity of individual packs by 12 and the cost is that of the 12.

Would this be solved with allowing Group Items?

← Previous 1 3 4

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Inventory

Feedback and Knowledge Base