I suggest you ...

More search options in customer center.

It would be nice to be able to search for the customer by any info that is provided. My technicians do not always know customer names as they do not make contact with the clients, so it is much easier for them to just give me an address. It would be nice to be able to start typing in part of an address and have options come up. Otherwise I have to run a full report and then go through 100+ clients to see whose name belongs to whose address.

543 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim GildersleeveJim Gildersleeve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also need a search option so I can find invoices being a particular ship-to customer. I bill to our marketing partner for drop ship to his customer. I need to be able to find invoices going to particular ship-to address.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will the search by address feature be added? It appears that QBO has had hundreds of requests dating back over a year for this simple feature. I am just starting to use QBO and will need to consider other software if this can not be accomplished.

• MonicaMonica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote yes for searching by address as well. My technichian's have address and can search that quicker.

• CharlotteCharlotte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Quickbooks desktop I always search by postcode when a customer calls as it confirms their address and avoids issues such as lots of Smiths. Doing by postcode also checks that they have not moved so i am sending items to the right place. I am really shocked it is not there. This makes me seriously consider whether I would move to QBO.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search by address please! How could this possibly NOT be an option?! We should be able search on any client field by especially by street address, city, state or zip. I see this was originally posted June, 2014 and it really is still not available?

• don stowedon stowe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your customers deserve a "search by address" feature. I, along with hundreds and hundreds of your customers are spending countless hours looking through every estimate for a customer to find an address. It is ridiculous.

• JessicaJessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bill a lot of properties for property management companies and I really need to be able to search by address. I hope you can add this feature ASAP or I may have to find a different accounting software to use.

• BrandeeBrandee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES PLEASE!!! my client often gives me the address not the customer date when the job is finished and I'd really like to be able to handle it without having to ask him specifics.

• Mary Lou HassallMary Lou Hassall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES YES YES - we need to be able to search by address - often our crew is in a neighborhood and we know we've done work there before but don't remember the customer's name - need to be able to find it quickly by street name!! And it needs to find the word in a field (address) because we won't be able to put the number in either... in other words, we'd just enter "Spruce" and it needs to find 834 Spruce Street

• RachelRachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Searching by job site address would be very helpful! I am at a loss right now having to find several invoice numbers for each property. Booooo!

• Paul HarveyPaul Harvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must agree the search function is pretty poor. It should really search across all fields by default.

We are using QBO for our Property Owner's Association - we desperately need to be able to search by property address. Please get moving on this!!

In the HVAC business some customers move and new ones move in, it would be extremely helpful to search for customers via address and phone number.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base