I suggest you ...

Auto Decimal Point Setting

We need a setting that allows us to set an automatically placed decimal, instead of always being required to enter the decimal point to post amounts less than a dollar.

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using QuickBooks since before it had a number. Automatic insertion of the decimal point in all dollar entries has been a QuickBooks feature for as long as I can remember. QuickBooks Online is missing this most basic requirement. It's embarrassing to have to ask for something so simple and so fundamental to good accounting system design. Get with it guys!

• bonniebonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the accounting industry this is a MUST HAVE option. In the technology industry this is a MUST HAVE. In the ergonomic industry this is MUST HAVE option.

Every keystroke eliminated is a good thing. Leaving the mouse and using the keyboard is also a good thing. with the use of computers OF ALL KINDS carpal tunnel in on the rise. Let us as accountants lose untold number of keystrokes by adding this simple function.

• reneerenee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let us decide in settings if we want figures to appear with an automatic 2 decimal places (like in the PC versions of QB)

• James SawyerJames Sawyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Me, and about 10 other QB Online users have been suggesting this to them for months and months. Such a simple fix. You would think that for the money we pay them to use their software, they would have fixed this by now.

• James SawyerJames Sawyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Me, and about 10 other QB Online users have been suggesting this to them for months and months. Such a simple fix. You would think that for the money we pay them to use their software, they would have fixed this by now.

i would like to be able to post a dollar amount with out having to key the decimal, this was possible on QB desktop

Allow a user setting where you can auto fill the decimal point in dollars. This is a nice feature within the desktop version and makes the data entry much faster.

Feedback and Knowledge Base