I suggest you ...

Custom User Access

More flexibility is needed in the custom user access area. It is pretty much all or next to nothing now, and some rights conflict. We need it to be customizable!

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kevin Wenig shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add more layers of control in user setup for all areas of the software, banking, receivables, payables, inventory, payroll, and so on. Make it like QuickBooks Enterprise. .

• laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

User access should have more choices. I would like employees to post deposits and checks to the bank without giving permission to see employee information. The desktop version has more choices in this area - a person posting checks and deposits may not be able to see bank balances, etc. This is a feature that I will need for my clients as they want staff to do some of the data input.

• ted.soper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

User controls. We need the capability of letting employees enter journal entries without having access to everything such as payroll. Can there be more choices in controlling what they have access to?

• Blaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are several different requests for Custom User Access and more flexibility in security settings in this forum. Please combine these in to one item so that QBO support can see how many people need this option. :)

• Sandy Ibrahim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a problem with my company to give full access for employees under Custom to access customers and sales, but not to access Products and services cost and quantities. We need more flexibility for permission setting and user definition.

• flipflip1010 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More concise user access. Possibly the ability to select a subset of your two current user access models. For example, I'd like one of my users to only have access to estimates and invoices without the ability to add products / services.

• Celestin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be more categories of user to allow the business to assign different roles in Quick books

Customize user access so that permissions can be chosen, not just customer and vendor custom users.

• Brooks Roy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am new to Quickbooks Online. My top problem is that with a user that is restricted like a secretary for AR/AP needs ability to make bank deposits. I cannot have them as an admin and be able to see payroll, etc. This is a URGENT issue for my business.

In quickbooks desktop I was able to give the user full rights to one specific bank account called "bill pay" account where they received payments and deposited into. But they didn't have access to the bank account where payroll was run.

With the selected access I checked a "payroll account" for her to have access to.

• Shirin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this problem with my company setting as well. Either I have to grant full access to the office admin to enter vendor bill with QTY on hand or she can't do so. We need more flexibility for permission setting and user definition.

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

USER LEVEL ACCESS CONTROL!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. We cannot allow anyone to use this software except top management. Need fine granular control over access. Secretary that can enter only checks to pay bills. Collections that can ONLY see A/R. Employees that can ONLY see their credit cards. Wow -- imagine allowing employees access to their own cards (and only their own cards) to upload receipts, assign expenses to projects, etc.

We did not need management reports. We needed ACCESS CONTROL.

• k.knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

customise user profile so that you can restrict employees from seeing bank balance information.

Like the desktop version I want to let a user input supplier bills, but not see the bank balance !

• BK CFO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see more options on User Access. I have field account managers who enter billing for their clients, but can't run any kind of reports to see what has and what has not been done. Giving them access to Customers gives them access to create and delete items... kind of an all-or-nothing situation. I'd like them to be able to enter time AND run reports and right now, that is an "OR".

Allow user rights to be more detailed. I don't want my salesmen having access to change items but I have no choice right now. User rights need all the choices that the box version has.

ADD MORE SECURITY TO THE SYSTEM TO ALLOW EMPLOYEES TO PAY BILLS BUT NOT ACCESS BANK REGISTERS

Need ability to exclude visibility to Employee information when setting up Custom Users. I want to set up users who can enter invoices, but not have access to anything else. Currently the option to do that also provides the user with access to all Employees and their data. This needs to be locked down to the Employee info isn't visible.

Being able to select what we want the user to access like you can on Sage. For example we might want a client to access Customer/Supplier information and Financial Reports with nothing else.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Global

Feedback and Knowledge Base