I suggest you ...

Need GST Inclusive or Exclusive as a Global Setting Default for Australia Customers

We all need "GST INCLUSIVE" to hold as a global setting rather than just per customer. GST inclusive setting needs to be a default or just hold when it's used in a sales receipt and invoice.

89 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    gccommgccomm shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is available now but QBO has a meltdown when you save the invoice. even though you have inclusive of tax selected, the amounts change to exclusive of tax. You have to select change the option to exclusive and then back to inclusive to get it to display correctly

• PrashantPrashant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is now available.

Go to Settings -> Advanced -> Default tax rate selection
        -> Select your default from the options

Hi how can i make all of my invoice and sales receipts say Amounts are inclusive of Tax.. At the moment i have to change the drop down box at every sale.. can there be an option to set it to default to be inclusive of Tax

When putting amounts are inclusive of GST instead of adding the GST on to the amount, the amont should stay the same but GST added.

The system would really benefit from having the ability to change the default of the “inclusive of tax / exclusive of tax” dropdown. All our transactions are inclusive, and we often forget to change this manually to “inclusive” which creates real headaches!

When entering invoices, GST selection drop-down box should retain previous selection. Ie every time I enter an invoice, I have to select "Inclusive of GST", otherwise it adds GST to the total.

Whilst trying to interact with customers face to face, this choice set as a default exclusive which in Australia is the least used system is very damaging for the flow of processing customers transactions. especially when just clicking on it to change it to inclusive doesnt always fix it and the invoice has to be completely done again

Can you please make Inclusive & Exclusive as default options in the Amount field on invoices

Please allow us to set a default on invoices for account is inclusive or exclusive of Tax. Our clients prefer inclusive Tax Invoices and it is getting frustrating however to manually change this on every invoice. Thanks

Needs to be a way to default the invoice/sales order entry to "Inclusive of Tax" so we do not have to select this everytime you enter an invoice.

I have products set as inclusive of GST and need to have invoices default to inclusive of GST but I'm currently changing it manually as I create the customer invoice. More frustrating is that although the invoice shows inclusive when it prints it only ever shows exclusive and I really need to change this as our customers need to see the price of each item with GST not just the invoice total and breakdowns below the subtotal.

Reports: columns miss Payment amount (ie: the gross payment made)
        Journal entries: Debit and Credits should be gross amount and not let us take the calculator to enter the gross amounts
        Transactions entry: we should be able to fixed in preferences if we want all transactions GST inclusive or not. As if we process a client's year accounts and have to work fast, the defaut being GST exclusive, there is no easy way to find out we made a mistake.
        Search report: if I make an entry (cheques etc) with many lines, and then want to get a report with a specific memo: I can't get my report. Why?
        Altogether, I used to like the Qbs PC but what used to be Qbs strenght: the reporting flexibility, is in the online version a poor one. Not happy.
        Not happy either with the chart of accounts (if we import or change to fit..)
        AMG

Hi There, We need to be able to have our invoices and sales receipts default to Amounts are "tax inclusive".

Feedback and Knowledge Base