I suggest you ...

CIS Tax scheme

The UK construction industry have to operate under the CIS tax scheme - It's a bit like VAT but for tax at source for subcontractors. I currently have to have two dummy bank accounts to manage CIS. Would be great if that could be written into QB. It already does VAT so shouldn't need too much coding!

68 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ben.leeben.lee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  QBO TeamAdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Stage 1 & 2 completed and released

Hi all,

We’re releasing in stages and are excited to have launched the ability to create CIS transactions, generate CIS reports but can’t current e-file directly to HMRC. If you would like to switch it on, go to your company settings>Advance>Accounting and you can now switch on CIS.

This is how to use it in QuickBooks-

• If you’re a contractor, create your subbies as suppliers in QuickBooks. Enter in their Verification number and CIS rate.
    • If you’re a Sub-contractor, create the contractor who pays you as a Customer. You would have been prompted for your own CIS rate under the settings page.

Some additional guidance here on what QuickBooks can do with CIS: https://sway.com/aqBYhCz7STBn5XmB

Stage 3 is the ability to file and automatically send out payment & deduction statements which is coming over the next few months

Thanks team,

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is stage three coming? It's frankly a bit lame that it isn't already here. You can automatically complete RTI so why not CIS?

• SophieSophie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        I think it's great that you have created the ability to calculate the CIS on invoices. However it is my understanding that there is not the ability to show the CIS deduction on the invoice (my own imported invoice style that is). Is this correct and is this something that is in the pipe line to fix? Thanks.

• Stuart ColemanStuart Coleman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also keen to find out when this is likely to be an added feature, one of my clients needs it! I work for a firm of accountants who would sign up straight away if it was available. Look forward to hearing from you.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea when this is coming _ must be thousands of contractors out there struggling with QB as its not there and thousands more not going to QB because it isnt!!

I really really need this feature for both my companies, i will not be able to use the software without it - and i really like all the other QBO features - please add this

• KimKim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like you to add a field on a suppliers account that deducts 20% so it balances the invoice.
        Each month you have an account with the deducted 20% to pay HMRC.

This would be really useful. I had to go with a different package for a new client!!

• Phillipa BurtonPhillipa Burton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to able to account for invoices paid less the tax I.e. As part of the CIS scheme so that when a payment is received it does not leave the invoice looking as though it was underpaid

• paulpaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CIS Tax deduction on invoices at the moment Kashflow seems to be the only product that can do this as part of the invoice

• hakimhakim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how do I add notes like VAT certificates and paper work I want to link with the account. I can see it on the iPad app but can't see them on the MAC via a web page

The online version is very poor, not job costing, no job reporting, CIS for construction industry is not there, customise invoice is also very poor.
        Big shame that Quickbooks can't copy the desktop version to online!!!

The ability to use 'CIS' within the system would be helpful to anyone like ourselves in the construction industry.

To show Tax suffered on all company invoices raised and tax deducted on all invoices raised from our subcontractors.

Maybe having a suppliers section or button that notes that supplier/sub contractor as CIS deductable and at what rate.

And from this create reports to file CIS monthly returns.

Be able to create monthly statements for all our sub contractors and check off all deductions against monthly statements received from invoices raised to a contractor.

In quickbooks desktop we were able to add custom fields to invoices that would track accounts, for instance deduction of CIS from invoices. It would be good if we could have this feature in quickbooks online too

It would be useful under suppliers and customers to have a box where we can record VAT numbers and CIS verification numbers

It would be helpful to have the VAT, CIS and UTR information box added to the Suppliers details. It seems there is more options and space for information in Customers section than in Suppliers.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base