I suggest you ...

Match Options for Downloaded Transactions

I write a lot of checks. Most of them are for common amounts like 450 or 220, etc. This makes matching downloaded transactions a pain because QBO matches based on amount not check number. Please add a settings option to have QBO auto match checks based on check number AND amount so that if both match, QBO auto matches for me and cuts down on my clicks. I'm matching 400-500 checks per month right now and out business continues to grow. I love QBO!! Thanks for all you do!

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JLydiaJLydia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our setup is slightly different in that our customers have recurring Invoices sent out for the same amount, most of them. Some users pay by Credit Card, others by eCheck. The problem we have with the generic "Bank Detail" info being returned, is we have NO idea who the payment is from, when Sally pays the Invoice for Company A using HER credit card, or Mary pays the Invoice for Company B using HER personal check.
        --
        QBO knows who just clicked on "Pay This Invoice", so why not capture Invoice#, Check#, whatever, and place that information in the "Bank Detail" field?
        --
        Easy fix, problem solved!

• MaggieMaggie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the check number pulling from the bank import and matching or auto populating (in case the check was not entered into the system) would be totally helpful!

• LisaLisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the matching when all is correct. When I have to add in transactions or fill in the info after it is downloaded, I need a field for the check number so I can then reconcile. Do not remove the matched feature, it works GREAT~!

• NoreenNoreen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please TAKE away the matching option that still shows GREEN when it's not matching the check # OR amount, but randomly picks an open invoice and says MATCH to ABC company open invoice (but invoice is $1390.99) and check is $50.00 check # 467 Makes NO sense.
        Just fix this...how about don't match automatically at ALL? If I could turn off SUGGESTIONS, it would be 100000% more helpful. I do over 1000 checks a month and find QBO matches at least 25 incorrectly with their "suggestions"....

• arlene.motleyarlene.motley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is similiar to my request for journal entry description. During the matching process, it would be very helpful to see the uploaded description for each transaction. This would ensure matching to the correct deposit or withdrawal if there are 2 or more of the same amounts on the same day.

Feedback and Knowledge Base