or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I note that all these comments date back over a year ago, and still QBO has done nothing to address their comments (which I agree with entirely). QBO stinks and I am actively looking at other programs to replace this awful, user unfriendly, totally obscure and inadequate QBO. Whoever designed this POS should be frog-marched out the door of Intuit.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used quick books since it started. Yes I'm old, but I knew
        QB PRO inside out, it is a great software. Very user friendly.
        This On Line version is very very frustrating. I have been on since
        Feb 2015 and I can't count the number of hours I have spent
        looking for "how to do something, or I mean how to do everything." Who designed this? Not anyone with an accounting background!
        Or any user friendly skills.
        It is getting a little better as I am learning more every day. I have to
        call QB support to answer stupid questions or go to the ? function and try all kinds of ways to ask a question. My time is valuable. I don't think we should have to relearn quickbooks. BRING BACK THE OLD FORMAT, IT WAS GREAT.

• Tammy R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I provided the following as feedback, but then was faced with where to put these 3 ideas, so I figured that most folks posting here also have the following issues as well!!! Hope it will get someone's attention as these are quite important and specific!

As a QB user for 20+ years, I am frustrated by a couple of very important functions which seem to be missing from the online version:
        1. Inability to split transactions in a register without saving them first and then going back to edit in order to split them. Why no split button to do it when you're entering the transaction?
        2. When going back to edit and split - the transaction amount disappears and only has the value of the line items of the split, rather than the previous way which held the transaction value and subtracted the split line item from it leaving a balance of the difference, which would then zero out whereby you know your transaction is equal to the sum of the line items in the split. This was previously SO important that a pop up window appeared alerting you that the transaction was not in balance and would not allow you to save it. In this version, it just completely wipes out the actual transaction value which you entered.
        3. Lastly, please bring back the functionality of the enter button to save transactions. It is much easier to "enter" than having to revert to a mouse click to save a transaction.

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. I hate this updated version. Want my old version back. This one is not user friendly, to many steps to find what you are looking for, just plain difficult to use for the most experienced person. Almost tempted to go back to pencil and paper accounting. Bring back the old version or give us the option to keep the old version or upgrade. I vote for the old version.

• Francois Chauvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only I 100 % agree with Brenda Willoughby but I would consider that this skeleton they call "upgrade" is just an accumulation of ineptitudes for an accounting software development and unforgivable negligences on behalf of the project manager. I think we should to initiate an Association of QBO users to have a voice for immediate progress toward the version we used until May 2014 otherwise no major decision will be made until Intuit will be out of business in consequence of their frivolous initiative. Francois Chauvin

• Brenda Willoughby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with all of you. Ian! this did not have to happen. They could have hired people that understood bookkeeping to do this. They could have kept all the same features and upgraded the areas that needed added or fixed that we asked for. They could have handled the URL problems without taking away our functions. They could have made it user friendly not just a pretty layout. They disregard the fact that the largest number of their client base is 40+ years old. Meaning that the actual visual of this thing is extremely hard to read. The font on the site is a light color against another color and is way too small. I have employees complaining of headaches tying to read this all day. I expect the programmers are in their 20s and make be great programmers, but first do not understand what we had and just created a totally new product not even understanding the day to day needs of the basic business operations of most businesses and 2nd have no problem visually with very small fonts and light fonts and the gray background with a light colored font. Then the other problem of the fonts not being adjustable on the invoices, reports, etc. This is a completely different system with difficult to find menus, lists, etc. I have been a customer with 3 businesses using QB or QBO since the early 90's. This is the worst I have ever seen. It is more than just trying to get used to it. Since we have all been doing that for months. This is nonfunctional. We are looking for a new system. They are dismissive on all of these areas. If you look though all of the posts in the different categories, there is HUGE frustration in the field. Not to mention most companies are either just moving to something else or thinking they will figure it out. The other problem is most of us out there do not even know about this site. It wasn't until I complained to a supervisor that I was told about this. And I really think it is just a place for us to vent and not a place that they take into consideration anyway.

• James Whited commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still hate this change. I expected some improvement since launch, but it is still TERRIBLE. We are searching for a replacement.

• Francois Chauvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to get rid of this costly nightmare and destroy your prototype experimented at your customer expenses, QBO !
        If you can bring us back to the previous system, hurry to develop all functions we had before (any professional would have done that before to switch the current upgrade/degrade). The excuse of "new technology" does not hide the negligence of making sure that everything we had access in the previous version will be available in the QBO upgrade … Honestly, what did you try to accomplish with this pathetic software ?

• glhopp65 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ian - Stop complaining! Are you kidding me? The new QBO has some serious issues that has cost me thousands. Emailed invoices only show current amount due, not previous amounts due. Sure, you can click view invoice and QB will allow you to see the correct amount due, but click on the pay button and it will not let you pay a penny more then the current amount due. Billable expenses are not separated from time charges. I enter time for our attorney and bill it later - WELL, QB added another date to the charge, Delayed Charge Date & Service Date - this is well and fine except QB is using my date in the DCD and the SD is blank. QB uses the invoice date if the service date is blank. Really!! I have had go in and manually enter the correct dates. I could go on and on. SO, I am not going to stop complaining. I'm pretty sure QBO hired the Obama Care website programmers & managers - bad move!

• Sue Cappiello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most inefficient 'upgrade' I have ever seen! Why on earth would you separate downloaded transactions from the register. Can't see what's already there without flipping back and forth, can't enter a transaction # to a downloaded transaction, can't enter anything into the description line of a downloaded transaction without first going back to the register and finding the transactions I need to fix. Tasks that took me 5-10 minutes with the old version are taking me half a day now. And honestly the responses from the QB team to many of these problems are pretty pathetic. There are serious problems with your upgrade. Why don't you try dealing with them instead of being dismissive to the customers logging the issues. Do you people even use this product? I understand change takes some adjusting too, but some of your supposed fixes have made this an impossible system to work with.

• Michael Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have lost all the functions that i use most there not just hidden there gone poor work qbo dont take away functions surly adding is better not removing

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new system is terrible. Lots of functionality is lost. Please list alternative products in this thread.

Thanks,
        Trent

• Henry McLaughlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Specifically: give us the old split-screen navigation capabilities in the register: showing the un-matched but downloaded transactions. By forcing us to navigate things with two open browser windows, it makes us less efficient (by far).

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should all stop complaining, as much as I can't stand a lot about the new QBO, it needed to happen for many reasons. The ability to have clean URLs and multiple tabs is worth it alone. Things are going in the right direction, but only time will tell if the features we really need will be implemented.

• denise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THEY HAVE HIDDEN EVERYTHING. AND I HAVE TO ASK HOW TO DO SOMETHINGS THAT I HAVE BEEN DOING FOR 10 YEARS.

• evisd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for this!!! I don't want "pretty" -- I want functional!! I want to see a list of my bank accounts and I want to choose one bank at a time and see the register with balances and at the bottom I want the downloaded transactions to be accepted or assigned. Simple.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Banking

Feedback and Knowledge Base