I suggest you ...

Account numbers printed on checks

Account numbers should print on Voucher type checks - It has always worked on previous versions of QB - Desktop versions. PLEASE ADD IT TO THE ONLINE VERSION !

79 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful if the account name/number could print on the check stub. It would be quicker to look at the printed check rather than go to the chart of accounts, select the account to see if the correct account was applied when the check was printed. Ultimately, if the correct account was not applied to the check, it is very difficult to find the check and correct the account number. Quicken desktop printed the account number on the check stub.

Who is the wizard who decided to take away the information printing on the check voucher - no accounts, how is a vendor suppose to know what they are getting paid for? Put that feature back!

• SGHSGH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Biggest problem with Online version. Person reviewing checks is unable to see account distribution. Causes extra steps. Please fix ASAP.

• AJSAJS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be super nice to see account numbers on all checks, including bills... if someone is entering and paying bills and prints the checks - the only way to make sure it is in the correct account is to go back online and review.... and this defeats the whole purpose of making things simple.

• Jennifer GlassmoyerJennifer Glassmoyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us to print account numbers descriptions on the check stubs using the online version. This is a part of our controls allowing check signers to verify transactions are posted to proper account before signing check.

• Michael MinardAdminMichael Minard (Customer Support Technician, QuickBooks Online) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You cannot add the check number or routing number on the checks through Quickbooks. Now someone can steal a check because the information must be printed on it before using quickbooks online. Also you need to know what check is in the printer. Does not work well when multiple users print checks to the same print. I have a list of other issues this causes

would like to be able to write checks on blank check stock and be able to print my company info as wells as routing number and account number on a blank check to be issued to vendors.

• RIRI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like this is supposed to work, isn't this a bug that should be fixed? Even though I have our account number entered for the vendor, it is not showing up on the memo field when I write checks for their bills. When you're creating a new vendor, in the account field it says "Appears in the memo of all payments" so I think it's supposed to already be feature??? Please fix.

Feedback and Knowledge Base