I suggest you ...

Give us the ability to post "negative deposits".

When batching credit card receipts and refunds, there are times when the credit card refunds total more than payments received resulting in a "negative deposit" This is very different than recording it as a "check" because we must run all these transactions through sales receipts and credit memos/refunds due to sales tax obligations. Desktop added this feature a few or so years ago. We need this feature in Online as well.

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kathy C shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe there is not the ability to do this....such a basic function of business.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important. Not unusual to get refunds or rebate on various things like insurance after rating adjustments, or adjustments after work is completed/

• Karina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an easy journal entry, you don't need to make a deposit. Just receive all your payments and post them in the undeposit funds, then go to create a journal entry, if the deposit is negative, then credit the bank account and debit undeposited funds account.

• RH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important. Allow the iPhone app to take negative balances as well. This feature was taken away from the online version for no reason.

• RI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - Sometimes we need to refund and it's part of the deposit batch. In some instances, the refund is higher than the income for that batch, so I would need the ability to record a "negative deposit". I want to match this as close as possible to the bank statement and by recording the deposits and refunds separately, this will not line up with the statement.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Banking

Feedback and Knowledge Base