I suggest you ...

Automatic Invoice Due Reminder

Automatic Invoice Due Reminders would help receive payments on time. Once an invoice is sent, QuickBooks would automatically send a reminder (your invoice is due soon) to the client a couple of days before it is due.

1,002 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sales shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephanie Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree with Lisa's comment below too!

This seems like such a basic functionality that I can't believe it's not inherent in the system already - and certainly not over a year after the request was originally posted!

If QB didn't have other features that I liked as much as I do, the lack of having this feature would make me switch to another system in a heartbeat. As it is, I'm on the fence since I'm new with this and still assessing all the functionality.

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm currently in a trial with Quickbooks and noticed this feature isn't there (I currently use Freshbooks). This really needs to be part of QBO.

• Pam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most definitely! I almost went with Freshbooks (and still evaluating it) mostly because of this feature alone!. The only drawback to Freshbooks is I would have to have a separate credit card processor, otherwise, they win.

• Laetitia Donaghy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to send an invoice to my clients that shows the original price - the discount (I know I can do that already.) But from there, I'd like to split the invoice in 2:
        - 20% deposit
        - Balance

Right now the only walk-around way to do that is to "Add a discount" of 80%, so that the balance is really only reflecting 20%. Then make another invoice and discount it by 20%. It's very clunky and unprofessional looking.

Along the same line of thinking, splitting into different payments would be great (i.e. allowing for payment plan, which would track payments made and simply take them out of the outstanding balance.)

Or maybe someone would like to split their method of payment too.

Finally, setting up automatic reminders of outstanding balance would certainly lighten my load of work. People sometimes forget and it gets buried in their inbox. To have an email reminder go out every week or month, or even on a specific date (until the invoice is satisfied) would be very helpful.

• kelly baugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automatic payment reminder emails when invoices are overdue, and automatic thank you emails after payments are received.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to send bulk reminders with or without a statement and message from the Sales Transactions page perhaps

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see QB Online add more robust features for handling overdue invoices. FreshBooks has settings for customizing up to 3 automated late payment notification emails, as well as settings for automatically applying either a flat late fee or a set percentage of the outstanding balance. The deadline for applying the late fee is also customizable, with an option to compound the fee every 30 days. This is incredibly helpful to small businesses.

I have my invoices set for 30 terms, after the 30 days and the customer still has not paid I want an automatic email (invoice) to be sent out again with out me having to go in and manually send it each time. Also, if it could auto fill late charges that be be AWESOME! Danny York, Holeygrounds Lawn Care

Create a setting for a customized reminder message. Using the same message as an invoice isn't the right thing to do since it is a reminder, not an initial email with the invoice. Allow the message to be modified and saved under company settings like all the other messages.

• haveanicewalk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AUTOMATIC PAST DUE NOTIFICATIONS FOR INVOICES.
        Allow for the system to set up to three automatically delivered notifications for invoices that become "overdue" i.e. a notification goes out at 30 days, at 45 days then at 60 days...a REMINDER where a personalized note can be attached to each payment reminder that the system then sends out to invoice remaining unpaid.
        PLEASE! Those of us who depend on QB invoices for payment and therefore our overhead costs need this assistant rather than having to do it manually. We pay a decent amount of money for the service, then another nice sum when client pay by card...WE NEED THIS!!!! i'm a small business and going in an resending individually 40+ invoices for late payers is too time consuming. i just came over from FRESHBOOKS and they have this integrated into their invoicing system.

Can we please have an automated alert/email system for past due invoices, allowing the system to send prewritten past due notice emails out at certain intervals automatically. As an example, check out Freshbooks, they have this feature handled almost perfectly.

I'm coming from Harvest where I click one button and after a certain date my overdue invoices automatically have reminders sent every X amount of days. Is there a similar functionality in QB?

I know there is a batch function to re send but it does not let you edit any message in the body of an email. What process allows this to happen so we can inform customers that the email is an Overdue Invoice Reminder and not just using the default custom Invoice message?

Can you please add a feature to enable automatic emails generated for past due accounts? It would save a lot of time when I have to go to each invoice past due than click send. Also when an invoice is really over due(that I can set to my preferences) , I want to send an email out every day!! Thanks for the help.

• tomd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once you implement what every other service does regarding overdue invoices and automated reminders, you need to also include the ability to have a default email message for these types of emails that go out. Currently we do not even have the ability to edit the message that goes out to Send Transactions batch function when we have to have to manually send these overdue invoice reminders. Your product team should really look hard at the competition on this front and implement quickly.

Is there an option in QBOnline to set up automated invoice payment reminders to customers who've been sent an invoice but haven't paid yet? It would be great to have the option to set up some predetermined automated reminders to customers who haven't paid their invoices. For instance, a customizable time frame, every 5 days, 10 days, 30 days after the due date.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base