I suggest you ...

Automatic Invoice Due Reminder

Automatic Invoice Due Reminders would help receive payments on time. Once an invoice is sent, QuickBooks would automatically send a reminder (your invoice is due soon) to the client a couple of days before it is due.

1,002 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sales shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Square Candy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sucks that the best way to do things seems to be to cobble together a very expensive group of different services that seem to all do different things well.

I'm leaving FreshBooks because it's just not really at all a full fledged accounting system. No reconciliation features means some other product like quickbooks is a must for the serious business owner.

But FreshBooks really gets the reminders system right. I would look to their system for a model of how to implement this for Quickbooks Online.

Super surprised that this doesn't exist already on QBO.

Can't be that hard, right?

• Bernie Shweinsteiger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to have Quickbooks send reminder emails to clients when there invoices hit 30, 50, 60 days (or customisable) like freshbooks does.

• Jerry Wagenaar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it possible that quicbooks re-send an Invoice once it becomes overdue. And it's also would be great if quickbooks autimacally send an email every 1st of month with the open balance.

• Amy Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        1) Is that possible to send customer automatic reminder for overdue invoices?
        2) When I run A/R Aging summary, is that possible to also show 'Notes' following each customer line on the report? So I can see when is the last time we chase up that customer, which is recorded manually in 'Notes' of 'Customer info'.
        Thank you.

• gabelliott@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to create invoice reminders for past due invoices would be major time saver and help ensure payments come in on time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automatically send past due invoice reminders! This is a MUST HAVE. Most invoicing tools out there have this already built it. I'm really not sure why we don't have this in QB?

• Jonathan Jenkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automated Overdue Statement Reminders~ Provide templates and schedules for sending overdue statements on an automated basis.

Templates allows for specifc messaging such as 30/60/90 day letters vs. 1st/2nd/3rd reminder.

Schedules allows for customized timing.

I would want this autmation as the defaultl setting but should also have the ability to "opt out" of automated statement sending as a whole and on an individual basis.

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having this may lead me to jumping ship and heading to Freshbooks or Xero. I would like to know if this is even in the works.

I agree with this wholeheartedly... I do receive reminders, but as a business owners, our time should be spent focusing on how to provide excellent customer service, or a great product. This would help so much!

• Dan Hurst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been mentioned several times already. It seems like an obvious option for invoicing: set up an account to resend an invoice that is a certain number of days late with a note indicating as such.

• Hannah Flanagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be super-helpful, especially for small businesses/sole traders. I just had another client ask for this functionality today.

• Asmaa Methqal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A feature that send automatic reminders to customers when invoices are overdue is a must for all QB plans!

I was certain this feature was already available on Quickbooks when I signed up, since I am used to it when I get invoices from sub-contractors using Freshbooks.

• Bob Mc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

automatically send a reminder to pay an past due invoice, everyday or once per week or month, by email. for customer / thieves that don't pay for services rendered
        Hi mmrepairman,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Automatic reminders for unpaid invoices aren't available in QuickBooks Online. I suggest sending a feedback through this link: http://feedback.qbo.intuit.com. This way our product developer team will be aware that you want this feature added. I'd appreciate this a lot! Many feature updates have happened because of customer suggestions. We're always striving to improve the product and make it even more helpful to our customers.

Fill me in if you have further questions. Thanks.

• Carolyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely need this. We use recurring templates to send annual and monthly invoices by email, but they're often overlooked and forgotten unpaid. A reminder sent at intervals to remind clients that their invoice is still unpaid would be very helpful.

We need to be able to send out automatic reminders for invoices that are past due. I get this from all my vendors (ATT, Comcast, Reliant Energy, etc.), why don't we have the option? Also, an automatic reminder before the due date would be helpful.

• wholman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen. It's been 18 months since originally posted.

• Chad Calder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why isn't this a standard feature?!
        The more I use QBO, the more I'm surprised by how little it really offers. I've been a user for just under a month, and I can think of six things - just off the top of my head - where's I'm now doing "work arounds" because QBO is WAY under developed.

If you want to keep my business, please develop the product before you release it.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base