I suggest you ...

Automatic Invoice Due Reminder

Automatic Invoice Due Reminders would help receive payments on time. Once an invoice is sent, QuickBooks would automatically send a reminder (your invoice is due soon) to the client a couple of days before it is due.

1,002 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sales shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this was the reason that I switched from QB to another vendor, however when it is up and running I will be happy to come back

People dont pay till you dont hit them on their head unfortunately. This will help us do our job and keep them reminding to pay.

• Christine Flies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, would be nice to be able to change such as turn this feature on/off and also be able to remove the late fee charges for certain customers. We have a policy that we do not charge non-profit business such as churches and schools a late fee because they usually have to go through a committee meeting and have their payments approved by the board before they can make payments to us and it could be over a month before we get paid. Also, with this feature can you make it so that we can set our policy guidelines for this feature up according to our companies late fee policy. Such as how long before we charge a late fee after it is overdue, such as # of days, weeks, or months. We charge a late fee after 7 days business days and it is charged to the customers account on the 8th business day.

• w everitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be so helpful. A reminder set days before due then sets times after due. Please get this in qbo

• Square Candy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will probably be the tipping point for me to move fully off of freshbooks to QBO billing. Please keep us updated about the schedule for the roll out of this.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's only been 4yrs....

This is such a BASIC item that we should have already.

Get it done QBO
        Give us something useful for the money we pay you each month.

• Raquel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QUICKBOOKS, we seriously NEED this feature in order to minimize our losses from unpaid invoices. I might have to switch to a different accounting software due to the lack of this feature and the lack of automatic late fee implementation on overdue invoices.

• Alysha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please introduce autogenerated invoice reminders after specified time frames (e.g. 1 week prior to due date, 1 week after due date). Having to do them manually is time-consuming. Freshbooks does this and it was a feature I really loved about their software.

• JASON WIMMER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be good to have choice between sending a text or email reminder before and after due date on a preset schedule.

• Bob Burrows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QBO should definitely have this feature and it would be nice to have a first and second reminder letter that one could draft that gets filled in by overdue invoice data like an MS Word mail merge and that these reminders with current statement in QBO get automatically sent. Just before being sent it would be nice before a batch of reminders is being sent if they could be reviewed and some reminders not sent due to customer circumstances. It would also be nice for QBO to do tracking, that is a report of customer's who have been sent reminders, which reminders it is , i.e 30, 60, 90 days overdue

This should be the simplest thing to add, come on Quickbooks - as you can see from the above, lots of your customers are requesting it!

• Christina Dias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feature to automatically send out payment reminders for invoices that remain outstanding past the period terms (7 days/28 days, etc) with the ability to exclude certain clients from this.

• wing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To build a feature that can automatically send an overdue payment reminder to a customer.

• Alex Bustos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to make reminders automatically. I suggest you have a question inside Settings that says: Do you want to send reminders of overdue invoices? And that each customer has a mark that allows you to decide whether to send it or not.

• Jason Olds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be great if there was an option to automatically resend overdue invoices. At times, we may have several overdue invoices at once. If there was an option that Identifies when an invoice is overdue and would automatically send a remind to the customer they have an unpaid invoice, this would help save a lot of time.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: UI Infrastructure

Feedback and Knowledge Base