I suggest you ...

Add an Other Charge Item, along with a Subtotal Item, similar to the desktop version

In the Desktop version, I use the Other Charge and Subtotal items. I couldn't find these items in the Online Edition. In the Desktop version, I also am able to set percentage calculation when setting up the Other Charge item.
Can this be set up in the current online edition?

208 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RR shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

other charge item
        partial conversion from estimates

*the two items above I really need qbo to have

Clearly, QB does not listen, despite promises to the contrary. It's been more than two years and there's still no subtotal feature in QBO. I am headed to customer service now to cancel my online sub and go back to desktop. What a rip.

• Chandler VintonChandler Vinton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE....... Add SUBTOTALS to QBO. It was available in desk top version, should also be available in online version.

Subtotals make a huge difference in invoicing presentation and calculation. Please add "subtotals" as an available item type for qb online.

The subtotal feature would be extremely helpful. I used it a lot with the desk top version.

• QBGuruQBGuru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add other charge and Subtotal items to the list of product/services in the online version.
        Percentage billing should also be available as well as assigning a customer to a cost!

• LorriLorri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The subtotal feature would be extremely helpful. I used it a lot with the desk top version.

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really great to have the subtotal feature in the online version when creating invoices. Hawaii's General Excise Tax works differently than regular sales tax and requires that tax to be created as a separate charge on the invoice. To apply this tax to all charges on the invoice, a subtotal feature would greatly enhance this ability.
        Currently, I'm manually inputting the subtotal amount on the invoice as a quantity then applying the GE tax rate to it.
        It's not very professional, and hard for me to recommend my clients move to QBO, when this is a step backwards from the desktop version.
        This improvement is greatly needed ASAP.

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without a subtotal item there is not way to setup Hawaii General Excise Tax properly on an invoice. This means that all Hawaii users can't properly track their most important tax compliance matter.

We need sub-totals added back onto invoices. This is a ridiculous thing to have removed in the first place. The invoice customization is really lacking. You used to be able to move things around and easily add columns. What are you guys doing?!?

• TPPHTPPH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add sub-totals. I need to separate labor totals from materials.

• Tanya GordonTanya Gordon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add sub-totals as a feature to QB online essentials. I used this all the time in the desktop version and it's such a let down that it is not included on the online version.

• AlanAlan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use Subtotals to break up different types of discount on one invoice. this is how we did it on desktop and require it for online please. Or we will have to do multiple Invoices for one transation

Example
        Item
        Item
        Subtotal
        Discount 10%

Item
        Item
        Subtotal
        Discount 15%

TOTAL

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Subtotals make a huge difference in invoicing presentation and calculation. Please add "subtotals" as an available item type for qb online.

• SueSue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work for an attorney, and really need to be able to subtotal by service or service group. This would let me differentiate between charges for her services, charges for mine (at a lesser rate), and expenses.

• MichelleMichelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the option to put subtotals in quotes and invoices. I used to have this in my desktop version and it is very useful for clients to figure out what is costing what.

• JaredJared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got quickbooks online and will probably switch back because I cannot add subtotals to estimates and invoices!!!
        Is there an ETA?

Need subtotals on invoices please!
        I'm migrating everything from Desktop version, and my major recurring invoices show subtotals for part of the work.
        I need to be able to recreate this in the Online Version!

Thanks.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base