I suggest you ...

Reorder bank accounts on home page

Why are the bank accounts on the home page in this particular order? They aren't in alphabetic order, nor account number order. I would like to be able to rearrange the bank accounts to any order I want, and ideally through drag and drop.

163 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tim Quilici - QuickScores LLCTim Quilici - QuickScores LLC shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using the QBO Windows App. It will not save the rearranged locations of these accounts in the App.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of Feb 13, 2017, this works with Chrome 55.0.2883.95. On the homepage, on the right side in the list of banks, click "Edit". Rearrange. THEN, the key is to click "SAVE" in the same location where the "edit" link was located.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't work with chrome or IE.

This is just one of the many examples of how little this company cares the quality of their products and the user experience. They did care enough to increase the cost of QuickBooks online though and they are always able to collect our money flawlessly, without error, regardless of which browser which we use. I see how it works.

I guess I have to waste yet another 15 minutes installing firefox. After 2 years, these things have really started to get on my nerves.

• BrunoBruno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To rearrange your accounts go to the homepage with private mode turned off. You will see the bank accounts on the right side of the page with a pencil at the top of the account list. Click the pencil and you can rearrange the accounts to your liking. Once done click save at the top of the list and your accounts will be in your order. Unfortunately they don't always stay where you put them so later adjustments may be required.

• Eileen ReppenhagenEileen Reppenhagen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HI, I ended up opening QBO in Firefox, and was able to drag and drop the bank accounts in Firefox. IT wouldn't work in Chrome.

• elizaeliza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an answer to this yet? I can't find how to do it in these comments..

• Eileen ReppenhagenEileen Reppenhagen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This fix isn't completed because it doesn't work in Chrome. It's necessary to use Firefox to re-organize the list. Then, when you open it in Chrome, it will be as you re-organized it. It's not possible to drag and drop and have it stick in Chrome. I don't know about IE as I quit using it about 2 years ago. But recently, I was able to revamp the list using FireFox.

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can this be done? I have tried dragging and dropping to reorder and I have tried through the edit window. Was this really completed?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great feature, although it no longer works for Chrome or Internet Explorer.

Nope. Added function is glitchy as hell. Organized them once with a lot of patience and luck, but can't get any more moves to stick. This is a simple thing that multiplies frustration every time you see it - which is every time you go to the home page. As nonvital as it seems, this sort of shoddy user interface and poor bug response is driving me to look at QBO competitors.

• Sherri WaysonSherri Wayson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still cannot change the order of my bank accounts. Simply clicking the edit pencil does nothing but put a Save button in its place. Dragging & dropping does not work. Your instructions are not very clear on how to do it. What else am I supposed to do?

• Elise MooreElise Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well actually nothing has changed Your directions of clicking on the edit icon don't result in any further direction. Right and left clicking and dragging don't work. What exactly are the steps to change the order of accounts?

Allow us to reorder the tabs in the bank and credit cards section under ‘transactions’, ‘banking’.

• accountingaccounting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to change the order the bank accounts themselves appear from left to right under Transactions > Banking would be extremely helpful. I am continually scrolling past accounts used less often to get to other accounts used daily or weekly.

it would be wonderful to be able to sort or re-order bank accounts on the home page - currently they seem to be in no partifular order

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base