I suggest you ...

Let Customer Accept Estimate

when i have qbo send an estimate to a customer, it would be great to give my customer the option to accept, deny, or request a revision to the estimate in the web interface, then notify me when an action has taken place

90 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matt Fiocca shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was one of the features we loved in Xero Accounting. It seems like we are going backwards with our Estimates now.
        QBO, please see that this is a very much wanted feature & can only make QBO look better!

• Lindsey C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would apply every single vote I have to this! We need to be able to show that the customer actually accepts the terms and conditions stated on our invoices. To take it one step further, it would also be great if by clicking some kind of "accept" button it would also convert to an invoice so the customer can pay online immediately upon checking the accept box without any intervention on my end.

• Torrey Z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, I don't understand why this is still an outstanding issue. This type of functionality is industry-standard in many other products!

• Kari Schneider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love for my clients to allow their customers to accept estimates online. This would save them so much time and follow up.

• Kirsten F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HEY QBO SUPPORT! I just want to point out that the feature I just suggested,

is exactly like this one and is exactly like others that are just worded differently. Please do a search on "accept estimates" and on my "Add esignature capability to estimates". You are getting a lot of requests for the same function, just in different posts. Seems important to me!!! Thanks.

• Kirsten F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is similar to the idea I just submitted for esignature capabilities in QBO. Your idea is simpler. Wonder if an estimate that "Accepted" would hold up as well in court as one that is esigned???

• Michael Manzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This capability exists with Freshbooks and is one of the main features I was looking for in a solution. Ultimately, we will end up using Quickbooks so we combine our Quote-to-Cash solution with our accounting solution, but this is a valuable feature for small businesses because it speeds time to acceptance for prospects, reduces paperwork, and helps handle customer who don't have scanners or fax machines. If there's a concern about authenticating the person accepting the quote, you can do this the same way online services verify email addresses: 1) send estimate to prospect; 2) prospect clicks "accept" (or reject or request revision); 3) send prospect second email to confirm the selected option; 4) update status of the estimate.

• Stéphane Brouillard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least, you should implement the same process used with invoices where the client can view the document online and add comments. That should be too complicated!

• nathalie marg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

like a docsuign form it would be great if they can sign it as well and it automatically updates in our system to accepted :)

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Form Delivery

Feedback and Knowledge Base