I suggest you ...

Let Customer Accept Estimate

when i have qbo send an estimate to a customer, it would be great to give my customer the option to accept, deny, or request a revision to the estimate in the web interface, then notify me when an action has taken place

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matt FioccaMatt Fiocca shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Torrey ZTorrey Z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, I don't understand why this is still an outstanding issue. This type of functionality is industry-standard in many other products!

• Kari SchneiderKari Schneider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love for my clients to allow their customers to accept estimates online. This would save them so much time and follow up.

• Kirsten FKirsten F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HEY QBO SUPPORT! I just want to point out that the feature I just suggested,

is exactly like this one and is exactly like others that are just worded differently. Please do a search on "accept estimates" and on my "Add esignature capability to estimates". You are getting a lot of requests for the same function, just in different posts. Seems important to me!!! Thanks.

• Kirsten FKirsten F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is similar to the idea I just submitted for esignature capabilities in QBO. Your idea is simpler. Wonder if an estimate that "Accepted" would hold up as well in court as one that is esigned???

• Michael ManzoMichael Manzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This capability exists with Freshbooks and is one of the main features I was looking for in a solution. Ultimately, we will end up using Quickbooks so we combine our Quote-to-Cash solution with our accounting solution, but this is a valuable feature for small businesses because it speeds time to acceptance for prospects, reduces paperwork, and helps handle customer who don't have scanners or fax machines. If there's a concern about authenticating the person accepting the quote, you can do this the same way online services verify email addresses: 1) send estimate to prospect; 2) prospect clicks "accept" (or reject or request revision); 3) send prospect second email to confirm the selected option; 4) update status of the estimate.

• Stéphane BrouillardStéphane Brouillard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least, you should implement the same process used with invoices where the client can view the document online and add comments. That should be too complicated!

• nathalie margnathalie marg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

like a docsuign form it would be great if they can sign it as well and it automatically updates in our system to accepted :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base