I suggest you ...

Ability to delete, make inactive, or edit an HST GST PST QST sales tax code codes for Canadian Customers

I entered an incorrect code and couldn't fix it! I had to create another one for the same thing - now I have two and it's very confusing. GST HST PST

93 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HeatherHeather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Require the ability to delete and edit group tax codes. Much too confusing to have multiple tax codes, many of which are incorrect.

• JaneJane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need the ability to delete or edit sales tax codes. I made one mistake, tried to fix it, combined rates aren't working properly and now it's a huge mess!

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to remove pst. Wasnt allowed to enter just gst

• Sam VermetteSam Vermette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So many useless tax codes built-in by default, cluttering the tax codes drop down menu. Would be great if I could completely delete codes like many suggested here as well as delete ones created by Quickbooks.

• MaribelMaribel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice if we can remove or undo the sales tax settings since we are tax exempt and it was selected by mistake.

• JodiJodi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't collect or pay PST, but QB set it up anyway. This is going to be a huge problem for me.

• aburgessaburgess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow more editing capabilities for sales tax in the Canadian version.
        Issues:
        1. Client was set up on a ON & QC combined return. Client moved to Ontario but cant switch to just a straight HST return.
        2. Have a lot of unused sales tax codes and rates. Cannot remove or edit the names so very confusing when they are all named similarly.
        3. When using a combined tax code where part of it is non-refundable, QBO is posting the non-refundable portion to a separate expense account. Should have option to expense the non-refundable portion in the same expense account as the expense it's related to.

• BryannaBryanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide an option to edit and delete group rate taxes which may have been created by mistake. Right now I have many that were made by mistake and I cant inactivate them and it has caused a lot of of confusion when selecting a tax rate for my products. Very frustrating!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to modify and delete taxes and tax group (at least if they are not used...).

I would be a good idea if you could delete a tax code that you added to the QBO, not the regular ones for GST, but if you had added a custom one, it would be helpful if you could delete it

• JemJem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please add the ability to delete unused sales tax codes. I am surprised this is not something we are actually able to do presently.

I have a client who has misguidedly created a new tax code. Since he has not posted any transactions that use it, I was extremely surprised that I could not simply remove it (as I'm sure I would be able to do in the Desktop version).

In the spirit of keeping records clean and, more importantly, avoiding any future confusion (because my client will very likely post to this extraneous new sales tax code by accident), I believe functionality should be added to QBO that allows users to remove unnecessary sale tax codes.

Thanks for listening... :)
        Jem

I would like to delete the sales tax code that i have created by mistake
        I need this feature just to avoid lots of sales tax in my tax tab

I created a group tax code but it turns out I don't need it. There doesn't appear to be any way to delete it in Online Essentials Canada Version.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base