I suggest you ...

add markup capabilities on estimates

I get many line item estimates from my vendors with different cost options associated with each item/option. I would like to be able to enter in my cost and then apply a markup percentage on my estimates to my clients.

you do this fine for invoices, but i need this for my estimates before we get to that stage.

524 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

64 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are going back to desktop. Can't work without product markup. What are you thinking? We just wasted an entire day uploading and setting up QB Online, but it doesn't account for reselling products and services?

• Kerry Boyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just recently converted from Reckon Hosted to QB's Online, and we are a building company. Estimating in QB would be so much better with separate columns for Qty, Rate, Mark Up, GST, Amount. This is such an important feature. We also then need this to link to a Purchase Order so the amounts in RATE column in the Estimate copy over the Purchase Order. Reckon Accounts Hosted offer this, and we are contemplating going back to Reckon because this feature is integral to our business. Please fix this QB!!

• TEGAN JANSEN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This Feature is crucial for all construction companies!! The fact that very old fashioned softwares have the ability to see profits in a Quote but not display to a customer but QB Online doesn't is just ridiculous. Please Please bring this feature in to Custom Form Styles as soon as possible. It is just one column!

Ridiculous that such a crucial and necessary feature was left off of QB online - - it's a deal breaker. Paying way to much per month for an app that has such limited functionality.

• Monica M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just switched to Quickbooks online. I am very disappointed QBO doesn't include the ability to do markups in estimates.

• Daniel D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need an estimate that will have MSRP , multiplier, my cost, client cost , how my profit is , how much client saved from MSRP on overall estimate

• Andrew F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is insane. I've been waiting for this feature since QB started online. Desktop version used to work great. Definitely needs a percentage markup with the option of a $ markup per line, subtotals, and totals. Xero don't offer it either. Very frustrated Interior designer here!!

Lack of this feature is preventing all my interior designer clients from being able to convert from Desktop to to QBO. Please add it!!

Holy Mackeral!! Been on the phone with customer support for QBonline & NO ONE even knows what I'm talking about with the MISSING cost & markup capability on an estimate!!! How the hell can anyone who has run a business not understand this is a very important (CRITICAL) thing to have in doing an estimate! I'm going to the top here or won't pay for online QB. Crap! Had the desktop version 2012 that worked fine, had to go to online because my desktop computer bit the dust. ;( !!!!!!!

I could not agree more with the sentiment of the comments that I see here. This is an awful display of "the next best thing". Quickbooks needs to invest in having actual business people involved in the design instead of just the bean counting mindset of financial workings. Business workflow folks.. look it up. QBO is missing tons of that sort of foresight. I find myself looking for a replacement quite often and have it narrowed down to a few. You can add pictures to the items in inventory, but you can't put them on an estimate?... WTFudge guys... you can do percentage on an invoice but not an estimate?... You can change the look and feel of the layout... barely... how hard is it to give me a file I can download and make changes too with a list of variables that I can manipulate...
        You list goes on and on... Fix this already...

• John Berry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using QB since 1999. The ability to adjust markups and see your profit while creating an estimate is VERY important! Intuit should be embarrassed making it's users revert back to a calculator to create Quickbooks estimates.
        This will be a MAJOR negative mark on this product until it's fixed.

• Anonymous Pissed off QB Online User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHOEVER THE MORON IS THAT ELIMINATED THE FEATURE OF MARKING UP INDIVIDUAL LINE ITEMS AND THE BENEFIT OF KNOWING THE TOTAL PROFIT WHILED DOING AN ESTIMATE HAS NO SENSE OR RESPECT FOR BUSINESS OTHER THAN HOT DOG VENDORS. FIX THIS FEATURE!!!

I've just signed up to Quickbooks Online and was told when I discussed different features with your online team this was possible. To say I'm disappointed this isn't an option is an understatement!

Surely this is a basic feature and necessity for any business that sends out quote?

Please add this feature!!

We NEED this capability of being able to see the markup and profit of each line item. It is an absolute dealbreaker that it can't be offered when it is so easily calculated. It is a matter of convenience and accessibility.
        This has been offered in the past. We know that it is possible. Please bring this feature to Quickbooks Online.

Without this function of adding margins / markups to estimates is a deal breaker for me. I can't understand why qb does not have this available. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?????

← Previous 1 3 4

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Other

Feedback and Knowledge Base