I suggest you ...

Make available the Undo previous Reconciliation feature that is included in QB Desktop

If an user made a mistake in their last reconciliation, and/or if someone downloaded duplicate transactions in QBO, and the wrong transactions were reconciled and need to be deleted and to start over, the user needs the ability to go back to the last reconciliation report and correct the problem. If we had the undo reconciliation feature, it would erase the prior reconciliation report and we then could correct the problem. Currently in the present Quickbooks Online, we must click all the R's of the prior reconciliation report to get to the beginning balance to restart over. Please consider this as the current system is non-intuitive at best and clunky at worst. Thanks.

1,041 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

90 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be bumped up on the priority list.. functionality is already there in accountant version and just needs to be enabled for all subscriptions.

• sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is already available: Reconciliation Reports> History by acct> select Acct> select reconciliation> action dropdown "undo". Perhaps its only available in the accountants version?

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you expect us to move away from the desktop version if you cannot include simple features that make quickbooks efficient? We have clients with HUNDREDS of transactions each month! You cannot expect us to undo each transaction indiviudally.

• katalcs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this. Very annoying not having the ability to undue a mistake. What's the rationale behind not allowing this??

• Jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! Since moving from the desktop version and now learning the online version, it sure would be great to have this option!

I agree you need to fix this. Last time it took me 30 minutes with QB to fix what I did to try to undo a reconciliation.

Having worked with Desktop versions for over 15 years, I can tell you this is a valuable tool. Now moving to OBO, it's ridiculous to have to set yourself up as the Accountant to make this happen, or to call your accountant to ask them to do it for you! Please, Please fix this!

I echo the sentiments of the folks below. This is a basic feature that needs to be added to all plans. PLEASE add.

• Ashley Jefferies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Accountant Version - quick way to mass update the reconcilation status of transactions! When I get books where transactions have been marked manually, it is nearly impossible to get it fixed quickly. It's very time consuming to manually unreconcile them all!

• Beth Ann Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Click on the Gear icon on the top right of your QBO screen.
        Click Reconcile, the 3rd option under Tools.
        The Reconcile screen appears.
        Choose the account you wish to undo the reconciliation for in the Account drop-down box.
        A list of prior reconciliations for the account appears under the heading, Reconciliation History & Reports.
        Hover over the most recent reconciliation and it will highlight the line a yellowish-orange color. An 'Undo' button will appear to the right.
        Click the 'Undo' button to undo that reconciliation.
        Continue that process for any reconciliations you wish to undo.

• Betty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is the UNdo button mentioned in instructions. I can't find it.

• Diane Gryncewicz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Misdated the reconcilation. followed suggestions how to unreconcile - rediculous that you have to find all the items that were in the reconcile and undo each individually! And now I have a reconcilation report that's dated for next year that I can't get rid of. Desk top version much better!!

• Lisa Orozco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Undo Reconciliation is a much needed option. As things arise sometimes that need correcting and right now you have to add corrections to suspense accounts or other places. Or some online banking transactions come in and duplicate in the reconciliation and then need correcting but its too late cause reconcile is done and undo reconciliation is not an option at this point. I'am sure there are many of us who us and need this function to make sure our books are correct so when it comes down to do taxes it is correct and easier for our accountants to figure out.

Thanks

• Tara Hines commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It annoys me that I have to pay my accountant every time I need a reconciliation undone. It is easy to make a mistake and we as users need the ability to do this. I understand that there could be intended consequences; maybe the undo reconciliation feature could be enabled / disabled by an admin in order to control whether users are allowed access to this feature?

I used to have myself set up as an accountant in QBOA so that I could undo my own reconciliations but the last time I tried to do that I received a message saying I'd have to set up a paid subscription in order to access the books of another company (i.e. my company!)

Sage 50 allows you to open past bank reconciliations and make any necessary changes. It's a much more flexible program. I believe I'll just buy their software from now on. Quickbooks online has a ton of horrible features. I've only been using it a week and have sent feedback on 3 different issues that need to be changed.

Yes, very much need to have undo previous reconciliation... have several accts and transaction get mixed and a challenge

• Beverly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I put the wrong amount in reconcile and had to invite myself to be an accountant in order to fix it without having to pay my actual accountant. I don't understand why users aren't able to fix this without being an accountant.

I understand the workaround if you are an accountant user, but we have two accountant slots available, already used by our CPA and payroll service. It is a pain to ask our accountant when I need a reconciliation rolled back

← Previous 1 3 4 5

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Reconcile

Feedback and Knowledge Base