I suggest you ...

Make available the Undo previous Reconciliation feature that is included in QB Desktop

If an user made a mistake in their last reconciliation, and/or if someone downloaded duplicate transactions in QBO, and the wrong transactions were reconciled and need to be deleted and to start over, the user needs the ability to go back to the last reconciliation report and correct the problem. If we had the undo reconciliation feature, it would erase the prior reconciliation report and we then could correct the problem. Currently in the present Quickbooks Online, we must click all the R's of the prior reconciliation report to get to the beginning balance to restart over. Please consider this as the current system is non-intuitive at best and clunky at worst. Thanks.

616 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tara HinesTara Hines commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It annoys me that I have to pay my accountant every time I need a reconciliation undone. It is easy to make a mistake and we as users need the ability to do this. I understand that there could be intended consequences; maybe the undo reconciliation feature could be enabled / disabled by an admin in order to control whether users are allowed access to this feature?

I used to have myself set up as an accountant in QBOA so that I could undo my own reconciliations but the last time I tried to do that I received a message saying I'd have to set up a paid subscription in order to access the books of another company (i.e. my company!)

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand the workaround if you are an accountant user, but we have two accountant slots available, already used by our CPA and payroll service. It is a pain to ask our accountant when I need a reconciliation rolled back

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely! I'm amazed there are so few votes for this. Maybe other people had a lot of other gripes they needed to spend their 10 VOTES on... Do some damage control, QB. Your customers are frustrated. Don't pat us on the head and tell us that we just need to embrace change. We need to get our work done!

• BettyBetty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do fix this. It's not acceptable to not be able to undo a reconciliation to correct a deposit or a check wrongly entered. And that's the only way.

• MaryMary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would also like the ability to include a column for the description and the account for the transaction on the bank reconciliation reports

Add yourself as an accountant (On the bottom of the manage users screen). Use a different email, than sign out from the Gear and go accept the invite. Make sure you choose the option to CREATE A NEW USERNAME. after that, log in to QBO using your new user id for accountant user, than go to the reconcile screen, choose the account your reconciling, and you will see the UNDO button appear to the right of the reconcile once you move your mouse over towards the right side. **Keep in mind this will undo ALL ABOVE reconciles as well. Once you undo what you need, I would suggest going to the Gear icon to sign out and sign back in with your regular login.

• jmarshalljmarshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did not save this reconcile report, why can I not Delete this file, without going through my accountant? It is Tax time, my accountant will not see this as a priority, and will Bill me for the process. Please advise.

• Debra ClauserDebra Clauser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to say, not having an undo reconciliation feature is a huge disappointment for QBO. It is very fustrating when you call support and they tell you, you have to invite an accountant to undo the last reconciliation. All my email accounts are associated with QB account and therefore can not invite myself. I am a bookkeeper and do this for 4 other people and if they can not get QBO this feature, we will stay with the desktop. It makes no sense to have to invite an Accountant to do something that a book keeper can do themselves. Then support proceeds to tell me to go back and remove all the "R". What a waste of time. QB you really need to fix this problem. QBO isn't user friendly and there is a learning curve. You need to listen to all these customers and make the change already.

• NoreenNoreen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NEED THIS OPTION!
        NEED THIS OPTION!
        Will we ever be able to 'unreconcile' a checking or credit card account?
        Currently, only your invited accountant has this functionality. (Gear icon > Manage Users, invite accountant). Hopefully, they will add this functionality for all users. You can submit feedback that you would like this feature (gear icon > feedback).

• JoshuaJoshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to have the changes column or the discrepancies to go away after the corrections have been made so we dont have to undo that reconcile to get it fixed

• QBO TeamAdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the fact if you need to undo a reconciled month you have to go into the register and undo each transaction for the entire month, that is too time consuming, it needs to be like in regular quick books where you can just hit a button and it undoes the reconciled month.

Click your company name at the top right>manage users>invite an accountant>Invite yourself as an accountant, when you create your user name, just put the letter "a" at the end of your regular username so you won't forget. Now when you go to reconcile, you place your mouse to the right side of the reconcile and an "Undo" button will appear for you to delete it.

I agree it saved me last year when I mixed up two payroll checks for the same amount

• JeremyJeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You QBO folks are NOT listening or fixing this [or many other] issues.
        For the small business owner with limited accounting experience QBO is a total disaster.
        Have spent numerous hours trying to put books in order for upcoming tax filings. Reports are incorrect. Inventory quantities are completely screwed up.

Even my accountant with 30+ years of experience is completely confused as to why QBO is so screwed up.

Get with it or

Quick books desktop allows this feature for the QB user. It is a last resort however, very important if their is a discrepancy. I spent at least 4 hours talking to a rep from QB and still didn't find the problem The next day I called again and finally they told me to call an accountant to fix it. I do find it frustrating that I had to PAY an account to undo the reconciliation. Then it only took me 1 hour to fix problems on 3 separate accounts, without making an adjustment, that a QB agent recommended.

• yellowribbon7yellowribbon7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY ARE YOU IGNORING THIS QUESTION??? WE WERE TOLD TO REMOVE THE "R" AND ALL WOULD BE OKAY AND IT IS NOT OUR ACCOUNTS ARE ALL SCREWED UP AND WHO CAN AFFORD ADDITIONAL MAN HOURS TO FIX YOUR SOFTWARE DESIGN BUGS...WE PAY MONEY FOR THIS SERVICE HELP US AND ANSWER YOUR PHONES!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base