I suggest you ...

Importing budgets.

People have budgets saved to excel files. We need a way to import these into QBO instead of having to start from scratch all over again.

251 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WayneWayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hurry up and do it... this is a very basic requirement.

qbo hasn't done this in nearly four years since first commented - what a disgrace.

• bpwbpw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a basic important feature, get it included soon. It makes me regret moving to online from the enterprise version, if I had know this was a problem I would not have moved over. Even more so that there is no way to move back!!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have and need a timeline from QBO to allow for importing of budgets. No having this feature will cause current users to seek alternative that will allow a budget to be imported.

• KenKen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing budgets to be imported is critical. Most budgets are build in Excel. Retyping is a complete waste of time. If you are trying to record revenue by type or from specific transactions and record expenses by type or transaction, typing budget into QBO takes a lot of time. Many of us want to match revenue to expense, this is important. We really need to be able to import budgets. Why add extra effort to customers? In addition, uploading would eliminate errors from retyping. This is a real issue.
        Files of bank transactions can downloaded to Excel and then be uploaded, why not budgets?

• Eric SewellEric Sewell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the previous comments. The budgeting process in QBO is tooooo laborious. We need to be able to create a budget in excel and then just import it. I would be happy to use a template that QBO provides so the fields are the same.

• Eric GroftEric Groft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential need until and unless the budget interface is identical to a spreadsheet! People manipulate budget data in a spreadsheet since copying and pasting and formulaic calculations are NECESSARY for effective budgeting. If QBO is supposed to save me and my organization time, I shouldn't have to do month by month by class entry TWICE and end up with errors

• christinechristine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is unacceptable! We can't import budgets yet? Come on, QB, this comment has recurred for YEARS, and you can't get a quick app written for this? /SMH/

• JackJack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to import budget from Excel. Was possible in desktop but not QBO?

• CyndyCyndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We spend months creating detailed budgets by account, Class and month. We have about 20 Classes. This is huge! It is very important to us to be able to upload from Excel into Quickbooks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base