I suggest you ...

Introduce Progress Invoicing

Be able to bill out fractions or amounts of a Job or Project to an Invoice.

While we are looking at this feature, workarounds currently include:

1. You can use the Balance Forward Statement to show the original invoice, any payments made, and the remaining balance. The steps are given in knowledgebase article:

https://community.intuit.com/articles/1145736-all-about-statements

2. You can create a separate invoice for each stage of the job. These invoices can be created in advance to equal the total amount of the job by using a recurring template.

For instructions on recurring templates, see knowledgebase article: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1442437-create-a-recurring-template

Thank you

5,167 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JenJen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  QBO TeamAdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback that you’d like to see progress invoicing in QuickBooks Online. We’ve assigned a team to develop this feature and they are picking up work now so stay tuned for updates. Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. Thanks for your patience and please keep the feedback coming!

613 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rusty MauldingRusty Maulding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We occasionally run into supply shortages and progress bill everything except those items still outstanding instead of a set percentage. So when this is upgraded, please allow for a specific dollar amount and the percentage option.

Also would be very helpful if we could bill monthly for yearly maintenance contracts and have it all applied to the same job. Caution. The amounts are not always the same every month.

• mcvickchicmcvickchic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE add progressive billing to QBO! Most of our jobs are billed this way, and it is currently very cumbersome to do this in QBO.

• Marc BalzamoMarc Balzamo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

6 months and no new features on QBO. Seriously? Xero is going to eat you for lunch if you don't start shaking your butt! Cash Flow Forecast and Progress Billing please!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, or at least be able to show deposit and payment schedule for job estimated. flexible i.e. 30% down (and calc and show thr dollar amounts) 20%,20%,20%, 10% etc
        Deposit amount on estimates is needed for contractors

• CurtisCurtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no reason we shouldn't have all the features found on the desktop version. Make it happen.

• Peter La FondPeter La Fond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This suggestion and the other suggestion of integrating client progress payments should have their votes combined since these two suggestions are basically the same idea. Almost all customers of QBO are small businesses and a good portion of small businesses are contractors in one industry or another. I find it hard to believe this feature hasn't been a priority. As a small business owner, i've contemplated leaving QBO because incremental payments on a project is such an important aspect of my billing. Alas, I have yet to leave QBO; but I just hope they integrate this feature soon!

• Ted Ted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree...I often ask for 30% down payment and they want an invoice for it...I also ask for progress payments of 30% which requires me to send an additional invoice.

1 2 27 28 29 31 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base