I suggest you ...

Introduce Progress Invoicing

Be able to bill out fractions or amounts of a Job or Project to an Invoice.

While we are looking at this feature, workarounds currently include:

1. You can use the Balance Forward Statement to show the original invoice, any payments made, and the remaining balance. The steps are given in knowledgebase article:

https://community.intuit.com/articles/1145736-all-about-statements

2. You can create a separate invoice for each stage of the job. These invoices can be created in advance to equal the total amount of the job by using a recurring template.

For instructions on recurring templates, see knowledgebase article: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1442437-create-a-recurring-template

Thank you

6,167 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback that you’d like to see progress invoicing in QuickBooks Online. We’ve assigned a team to develop this feature and they are picking up work now so stay tuned for updates. Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. Thanks for your patience and please keep the feedback coming!

660 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James Nielson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Progress invoicing is absolutely critical!!! I am at the beginning of my 30 day trial and if this feature isn't added I will have to stay with the desktop. Please make this happen ASAP

• Archers Electric Service Co commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bid jobs need to be able to be billed out at percentages. It does NOT look professional the way we have to bill it out at this time. Add this option. We pay monthly for this service and it should be as good as the program you can buy at at one time fee.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to customize the statements like the invoices and estimates.

We need a better way to track jobs other than as a sub-customer

Need to be able to do progress billings

Need to be able to add the invoice number to the subject line of the email as a template or standard for each email.

Add a pay now feature to PDF copies of invoices

Not having the progressive invoicing is a major nuisance. If this isn't fixed before this years subscription is up I'll go back to desktop.

Progress invoicing would be a really nice thing to have. We need two payments for almost every estimate/invoice job we do so it sucks using the workarounds.

Sales orders with progressive invoicing and the same with purchase orders and receiving.

I'll even pay more!

• mail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone providing services and billing according to the payment schedule given in the estimate needs this. It is essential. Please implement. Until it isn't done I have to stick with the desktop version.

• jeff scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to create a final invoice from an estimate and have the option to deduct the deposit amount already received. The final invoice should reflect the total estimate minus the deposit received and the final balance due.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

make this happen! Too many clients need this in order to make the switch.

ADD PROGRESSIVE BILLING TO QBO. Contractors need this option. A job may have more than 1 phase, and may take multiple trips and days to complete. This is one of the biggest flaws with QBO right now.

• Michael Provenzano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh sweet, the links in the suggestion for workarounds don't even work. Maybe I should go pull out my QB 2009 windows desktop so I can run my business...

• MB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature has been requested several times in the last several years. The day this feature affects QBO commercially, we can be sure that this feature will be implemented without delay.

I agree totally, we are a Landscape company and we desperately need to be able to have progressive billing.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Form Delivery

Feedback and Knowledge Base